DropBox

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Dead easy to use and you can send big files with it unlike some other options. An you can share files and folders for collaborative work.
The recipient of transfers does not even have to be a DropBox member, they simply click on a link you send. You can only share between members though.

Once set up on your pc you can access features through several browsers.

If you refer friends then you get a free bit of extra storage.

https://www.dropbox.com/install

nod.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Gonna give this a go, not sure how much I will use it though as I usually like my files secure as in my eyes only!
But good for file sharing some things over the net.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
But good for file sharing some things over the net.

Exactly :D Has a neat photo sharing feature too. :)so you can share full size pics with no faffing about
nod.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah its good alright!

Have synced it to my ipod too for file sharing and it is pretty fast aswell, have also by just doing a few tasks have extended my storage another 250MB on top of the 2GB you get for free.

I likey this one its better than others I have tried and very simple to use..
nod.gif

Thanks Abarb!

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Yeah its good alright!
Yeah, it's good... the only I can think of is the gosh darn notification area icon that you can't get rid of when it's running [dunno how it is with Win version].

I've been comparing DropBox and UbuntuOne... same size, both have nice file manager integration (with status icons and bells and whistles).

kuvakaappausurmastiedos.png

It's a draw... they're both pretty good.

Urmas –on cloud nine

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Glad you like it guys.

You can get up to 8 GB free
nod.gif
thats if you have enough friends :D

Reaction score
Hi there AB.....could this be used for sending mp3's to yer mateys, rather than trying to email them ??

Reaction score
Just watched the video.....so you can access your stuff from anywhere.....i'm impressed.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Hi there AB.....could this be used for sending mp3's to yer mateys, rather than trying to email them ??

Only if they are copyright free ones ;) there is an inbuilt algorithm that deletes any copyrighted material if you try to send any
nod.gif

Ask a Question