Copy !!! free no file limit cloud storage

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
https://copy.com?r=Zd81hT

If you like the sound of this cloud storage service click on the link and I will get an extra 5 GB and so will you.

Copy was created to meet the exceedingly high design demands of today's online and mobile users, and to provide the advanced security and corporate features required for businesses. Additional highlights of the service include:
  • Multiple device compatibility – Copy works across Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux computers and offers mobile device support for Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad) and Android, with Windows Mobile coming soon.
  • Easy file sharing without limits – Copy allows users to upload and share files of any size, including 1080p videos and raw photographs, without size limitations often found in email attachments. These shared files and folders can be sent to anyone either publicly or privately and accessed from any location or device.
  • More security – Copy provides a secure alternative to other cloud storage services. Included data verification inspects data before Copy accepts it into the user's cloud storage. File-level ownership is verified prior to transferring anything to other devices. Copy also allows users to share files privately using Copy's built-in identify verification.
  • Company control – Copy extends its cloud storage and sharing benefits into corporate environments with user and group management and added controls for proprietary company data.

There is a package in the AUR,

https://aur.archlinu...ges/copy-agent/

It is touted to work on most linux os's. Windows Macs and mobiles.

I have just installed it and it works well. The no limit on file size is a great feature.

shifty.gif

Seems to work flawlessly. Here is a link to a teensyweensy file I uploaded as a test. It is well worth a read.

https://copy.com/6JItFzmgIWLF

hug.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Looks good but most cloud storage operators have it in the smallprint when you sign up that photographs etc etc can be used by them, thats why I don't upload anything to Google or Fartbook as they can use my images as they see fit..

If this Copy cloud storage is secure and doesn't have that restriction then I will sign up through your link

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You would have to read the Terms of Use and Privacy statements on the site and make your own mind up.

They look ok to me.

I never upload anything that I am bothered about as a rule. If I do upload sensitive stuff I use,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Privacy_Guard

I would advise using the above or some other form of security for any pc related sensitive stuff. :cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm wary of Cloud stuff.

I have 2Gb webspace with my ISP (600Mb used so far but could be pruned) and about the same at another forum I frequent.

Having said that, I have oodles of old photographs alll over Facebook and a couple of forums (including this one).

Oooooh, I'm just a photographic whore darlings :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It's them purple booties you wear that are turning you into a luvie :lol:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have read there terms and conditions and it transpires they do not use any of your files or images for there own ends, which is a good thing!
They do have the right to terminate or close down at any time your cloud account without proir notice for whatever reason they see fit though, so not all good but for the odd pics folder and other files and folders I think I shall be giving it a whirl..Can never have enough back-ups can ya.
15GB + and extra 5GB going through your link is not to be sniffed at, so prepare for an extra 5Gb for your account Abarb..:D
Das iss guuud yaaaarrrr..:nod:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Cheers crazylegs 5GB already added.
You can make files available to all the public via a link.
Or
you can send a link that the recipient needs to validate before viewing the files.
The larger file size would have been handy for flops for his camera car tours. No need to recode and fart about with ultra safe YouTube. :lol:
Just pulling your leg flops. :fool:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I've posted me own referral link on Fartbook and already got another 10GB added aswell, so 30GB already..Happy days..:D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm with Flickr with its free terabyte of storage ... as I'm with BT/Yahoo, I have a free pro account which has unlimited storage, for now.

Flickr, however, will not be my pic storage of the future, Yahoo have, by just doing what they want with the "new redesign", basicly told photographers to go find an alternative. :rolleyes:

:user:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I think cloud drives are great. :thumb:

I use Skydrive and Amazon Cloud. But not for anything sensitive or personal.:)

Ask a Question