Drivers for Mac OS X on Asus..

Reaction score
hey guys! i got mac os x and i want to dual boot with windows xp.. i installed xp on my first hdd and mac on my second..
i have a asus a8n sli premium mobo and xfi premium sound card.. nvidia 6800 gfx card..
i need drivers for all these for the mac part. and i cant find them anywhere :(
i need ethernet.. sound card.. and gfx card.. and stuff. i looked for ever and some help would be greatly appreciated!

THX!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Does your machine boot into the Apple OS?

I'm aware that the newer Intel-based Macs will run Win XP but I didn't know you could run a Mac OS on a regular 'IBM' machine.

I must confess it's a subject I know little about but I've certainly never heard of that particular setup.

The Mac OS, when installed on a Mac, will detect about 95% of known current hardware. Anything else you can download drivers from Apple or hardware manufacturer.

Sorry not much help, but I'm a little confused about this one :confused:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
.. and mac on my second...
i have a asus a8n sli premium mobo and xfi premium sound card.. nvidia 6800 gfx card..
i need drivers for all these for the mac part
laughingsmiley.gif

No, sorry but that just cracked me up ... :p

Go on, tell me how you got the Mac OS to 'install' on the second HD ... it does need a drive all of its own.

I know how too using an "emulator" or "VMware" that will work, which will take care of drivers, I also know you'll need a Mac Licence to err, use the software. ;)

I warn you now, unless you can tell me otherwise, that what you are doing can be construed as Pirating and as such I would be obliged to delete this thread.

user.gif

muckshifter

Reaction score
The Mac software is designed for a Mac ... the Mac EULA, that's the Licence Agreement, clearly states ... For use on Mac hardware.

Why you want to put the Mac OS on a PC I know not, it is based on NIX which is basically another form of Linux, try Ububtu.

You will not find Mac PC drivers ... try Google. ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
If you want the Mac OS, buy a Mac ... If you want Windows, buy a PC

If you want Freedom ... download Linux, its free and will work on a PC or a Mac

user.gif

Ask a Question