Drivers For A Dell Monitor

Reaction score
haha awesome. bet he could have got double that in the freeads though...haha

you were lucky!

what model is it? funky black one i assume...?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
If you read my first post on this topic i said its a "E151FPp" =/ .

Its about £210-£250 new from what i've seen, personally i wouldnt pay more than £70 for any monitor, i couldnt care if it was a 20 inch TFT with a 0.0001 response time! They dont make your PC better, or make you better at games :p.

Reaction score
Ah yes sorry.

Well i paid £233.33 inc VAT for my 19" CRT monitor (the updated Vision Master Pro 454)

The reason for that was because my cheap and nasty £60 17" CRT could only do 60" - of course that is not "Flicker Free" and the amount of time i sat in front of it was sure to damage my eyes.

I also like the definition of the colours it displays - the coulours are far better than any cheap monitor

the Monitor is the "look" of your PC - if you have a crap monitor (cheap, low refresh, non pure flat) then it just doesn't look right.

TFT monitors generally arent tooooo great for gaming, but are getting better. In fast paced games you notice some ghosting which can get annoying - i believe its caused by the game going faster than the time it takes for the pixels to change to the colour of the situation so it can get a little annoying. I think its ok though with respomse times of under 15ms.

Chris

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well the refresh rate on my dell is at about 75h, but that isnt max. And that was a pretty cheap monitor i bet as the computer only cost £450.

As for being flat, i dont see much of a difference, except in price. Aslong as my monitor does its job, which means being clear and able to use, i bare no grudges to it. My friend is one of the best online gamers in the UK and he has no special monitor, he just has your average 19inch monitor which he paid about £100 for new! Its looks nice (cos its new) and the picture is what you'd expect from any monitor! clear as crystal.

Reaction score
i dont think TFT monitors are affected by refresh rates but i may be wrong.

cheaper 19" may still look crystal clear but what they do lack is the HIGH refresh rates. Also colour definition on the cheaper still models may not be great. also contrast ratios and brightness levels are an importnat factor.

As for being flat, it provides a wider viewer angle and does not reflect light back at you. I use my monitor for watching DVDs on because...

a) its bigger than my 14" tv which is not flat aswell
b) computer is hooked up to bigg ass stereo speakers (come up to waist, 280w) and Amp
c) more people can see from wider angles when mates are round etc etc

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well the refresh rate on his monitor goes to 120h. But honestly who needs it over 85h?

Every monitor i've had has always been set on either 75h or 85h!

Ask a Question