    machine. The DOS vendor is not longer available for support. We have checked
    the parameters of the desktop icon to make sure they match as well. Any
    suggestions?

    Randy L, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Randy L

    Mark Blain Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:10:58 GMT, "Randy L" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a client that has a laptop and desktop in a small peer-to-peer
    >network both running Windows 2000. He has a DOS app that works something
    >like ACT or GOLDMINE for tracking client contacts. It works fine on the
    >laptop. We recently copied the DOS folder to the desktop to update the
    >desktop. The laptop has a screen where the bottom half displays contact
    >records by date- PAGE DOWN to next group of records - END to go to the end
    >to add a new contact record. END jumps to the last record by painting a
    >screen of records at a time and takes about 3 seconds. The same scenario on
    >the desktop for the same set of records will paint a line at a time and
    >takes about a minute and a half to get to the end of records. The software
    >is identical (because he copied the folder) both machines are running W2K.
    >There is no parameter that we know of in the DOS app to control this
    >behavior. It would seem to be something different in the W2K setup on each
    >machine. The DOS vendor is not longer available for support. We have checked
    >the parameters of the desktop icon to make sure they match as well. Any
    >suggestions?

    Try this fix, courtesy of the "WordPerfect for DOS under Windows"
    website (<http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/windows.html>): with the
    application running, press <alt>-<enter> to switch it to full-screen
    mode, and see if that speeds up the repaints. If not, try using a
    generic Microsoft video driver rather than one provided by your video
    card manufacturer.

    Mark Blain, Sep 16, 2003