Domain name theft

Sameh Ahmed

Hello there
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I guess at least
somebody might point me to the right direction.
I have a customer with the company name "Company" (for example), somebody on
the internet bought the domain name and is using it thought it's not his.
I want to help my customer by providing the ICANN policy that governs who
should buy which domain names.
anybody know where I can find that?
Regards
Sameh

Chris Priede

Hi,

Sameh said:
I have a customer with the company name "Company" (for example), somebody
on the internet bought the domain name and is using it thought it's not
his. I want to help my customer by providing the ICANN policy that
governs who should buy which domain names.

The policy for the most part is "first come first served", subject to
trademark law. It would have to be a real case of abuse for your client to
have a chance.

http://www.internic.net/faqs/udrp.html

Ace Fekay [MVP]

In
Chris Priede said:
Hi,

The policy for the most part is "first come first served", subject to
trademark law. It would have to be a real case of abuse for your
client to have a chance.

http://www.internic.net/faqs/udrp.html

And have a good attorney.

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Having difficulty reading or finding responses to your post?
Instead of the website you're using, I suggest to use OEx (Outlook Express
or any other newsreader), and configure a news account, pointing to
news.microsoft.com. This is a direct link to the Microsoft Public
Newsgroups. It is FREE and requires NO ISP's Usenet account. OEx allows you
to easily find, track threads, cross-post, sort by date, poster's name,
watched threads or subject.

Not sure how? It's easy:
How to Configure OEx for Internet News
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164

Microsoft MVP - Windows Server Directory Services
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Assimilation Imminent. Resistance is Futile.

The only thing in life is change. Anything less is a blackhole consuming
unnecessary energy.

Sameh Ahmed

thanks guys:)

"Ace Fekay [MVP]"