Does anyone answer these questions? re:C00D11CD

Does anyone ever answer these? i see the same question over & over with no real answer
I downloaded `Blackhawk Down` & it plays great while on my hard drive but wont play when i burn it to disk. I`v used 4 discs (fit for the bin) changing the write speed down to X4 and tried both cd burners on my system incase it was the cd player/burner at fault but the same thing happens each time (i get the messege error code:C000D11CD)(i`v tried playing it on both cd players too

I have downloaded loads of films & occasionaly had this problem before when burning, I`v just giving in to it & consigned the usless cd`s to the bin, but i feel this is a prob i want to have sorted. I`v also tried using winplayer2, bsplayer, divx player, ati player & real one player. The more i think about it, the more is sounds like a read/write error or mabe there is something written into the vid that stops it from being burned succsesfully

I`m using win xp pro & have every up-date that is available, & have 1gb DDR & all the codecs u care to mention (besides, it plays when on my h/d so i doubt its a codec prob

I wud b eternaly gratefull to any one who can help me please, i can b contacted at (e-mail address removed)

Suzanne S. Barnhill

I can't tell you whether anyone ever answers questions in
microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player or in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, but in microsoft.public.word.newusers
most questions that are on topic (relevant to the purpose of the NG) are
answered. I fail to see how your question is on topic in a newsgroup for
questions from new users of Microsoft Word.

BTW, prepare for spam and viruses since you have publicly posted what I take
to be a valid email address.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

hayley fitsimons said:
[...]

Doug Knox MS-MVP

Well, for your problem, why would you post in a public newsgroup, expecting someone to help you pirate Blackhawk Down?

If you're having trouble stealing copyrighted works, maybe you should contact the production studio and ask them who makes their DVD's for retail release. Then send that company a letter, copy the FBI and your local police department, with your name, address, phone number, what color you'd like the bars on your cell painted and requesting 3 soap-on-a-rope's in advance, and ask them how to steal their work.

Graham Mayor

What has this to do with Microsoft Word?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

Pat Garard

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
We answer ALL SORTS of questions -
ABOUT MICROSOFT WORD!! WORD!! WORD!! WORD!!
Pat Garard
Australia

______________________________________

Doug Robbins - Word MVP - DELETE UPPERCASE CHARACT

Not in microsoft.public.word.newusers anyway. Suzanne took care of that <g>

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

Kelly

<LOL>

"Which film was it that you sang 'Dont laugh at me coz im a fool'in. You
deserve more recognition than a mere 'Sir', you are a Saint, you deserve to
remembered as the Saint of Comedy. Well Done Norman I will remember you for
all my days."

mrtee

It's even in Media Player and General. What a putz.

--
Just my 2¢ worth
Jeff