    different email address and printing from there. That won't work either. Can
    anyone help? Thanks much!

    Steve

    Frustrated User Needs help, May 12, 2008

  2. Frustrated User Needs help

    Peter A Guest

    In article <>, =?Utf-
    8?B?RnJ1c3RyYXRlZCBVc2VyIE5lZWRzIGhlbHA=?= <Frustrated User Needs
    > says...
    > I'm really frustrated. I'm a long time user of Word 2003. I have a 30 page
    > document I'm working on. I have saved it several times as I work. Now I want
    > to print it. When I try to print, it automatically goes to "Save as" and
    > won't allow me to print. I tried emailing the document to myself at a
    > different email address and printing from there. That won't work either. Can
    > anyone help? Thanks much!
    >
    > Steve

    Are you saying that if you select File, Print the program goes to Save
    As? Same thing if you press Ctrl+P or click the Print button on the
    toolbar?

    Then the solution is easy - you need an exorcist!

    --
    Peter Aitken
    Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers

    Peter A, May 12, 2008
  3. Frustrated User Needs help

    bocaraton Guest

    This is interesting... Was Word trying to print it to a file (and asking you
    for the file name of the print output file)? Can you use a screen recording
    service, such as http://www.utipu.com, to record exactly what you were doing,
    and share the recording here?

    bocaraton, May 12, 2008
  4. Hi John,

    FYI, when visiting your http://utipu.com site in IE 6, with Flash 9.0.124 installed, when selecting any of the pages all that's
    coming up is this message

    "You either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player"

    Cookies are enabled and javascript and flash work fine in other sites :)

    ================
    <<"bocaraton" <> wrote in message news:...
    This is interesting... Was Word trying to print it to a file (and asking you
    for the file name of the print output file)? Can you use a screen recording
    service, such as http://www.utipu.com, to record exactly what you were doing,
    and share the recording here? >>
    --

    Bob Buckland ?:)
    MS Office System Products MVP

    Bob Buckland ?:-\), May 12, 2008
  5. Probably you have a fax driver or something similar selected as the default
    printer driver.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, May 12, 2008
  6. Frustrated User Needs help

    Graham Mayor Guest

    Do you have a macro that intercepts the FilePrint or FilePrintDefault
    command?

    --
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com