Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, bring the old one back!

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
personally i love it! never did see the old one though..

the colours are awesome, the layout perfect and the buttons somewhat universal

how bout a reply button in the private message section?

regards
Now that is something I thought was strange, perhaps I just messed that page up whilst coding :) I'll add it now ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just checked now, and its supposed to be like that - you just have to click "Quote" to reply :)

Reaction score
ah yes - so you do!!:eek:

any chance of having a reply button that dosent quote the whole messgage, like i mean gives you an empty text box but still automatically addresses it to the person you are replying too?

for all those people too lazy to highlight text and hit delete......
icon12.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll try and add it, I had a little look before, but couldn't find the correct template. I'll give it a shot though :)

Reaction score
i think that also there should be an aviation related section in this forum...

...of which i moderate ;):D

Reaction score
i did actually just have a good idea

how about a chat client where all people that visit the site can use it too

i mean like the one on adsl guide.org.uk - iirc or something?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
IRC is something I have been thinking about, and is a good possibility once more people start posting in the forums, as I don't think that the IRC channel would be busy enough yet.

As for the aviation forum, I think there would only be a few posters, but if the site grows you never know!

Reaction score
What i mean with the IRC is to make it availiable to everyone that views this whole site - it may well be an incentive for them to register as they will soon find out there are many people willing to help out - thus meaning the community would grow! g e n i u s

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I had one ... cost $90 for the annual fee as it was run on a dedicated server and fully intergraded with the forum software ... over the year I think it was used about 20 times ... it was no incentive to "join the forum" to get 'free' access to "chat" ... mind you my membership is quite low. :rolleyes:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Yes, I think it's great - you have to fiddle about a bit to work things out - like how to add avatar and how to post a new thread, but after a fiddle about and a few friendly people to steer you in the right direction, all is well.

Kind regards

Gabriella x

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear forum moderators

A little plea - please could you check with us b4 chosing custom titles or let us pick our own? Pretty please.... I was a bit startled to find I had been 'named'......

Gabriella xx

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sure Gabriella,

We usually like to surprise people with names, as they are assigned to people with quite a few posts, they are always able to be changed to whatever the user wishes. Sorry for startling you ;)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
That's OK Ian, I just didn't know who had done it!!

I am happy with my 'name'!!

Gabriella xx

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
We do not give titles here to startle people, however, I was (in a pleasent way) when I got the new one from Mucks and Ian which is now on every post of mine :D

Reaction score
I love the new layout,Ian! :thumbsup:

BUT.......I have yet found a way to just simply,get into the WHOLE forum,IE:all threads,not just new post's :D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear James

I have found that double click-king on 'community' shaows all threads by groups/sujcets, then do the same with each group. I agree, it can get some getting used to.

Kind regards

Gabriella xx

Reaction score
i just hover the mouse button over community then you get a little scroll down menu saying forum and a couple other things. Just bookmark it then.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

You never did reply to the comment about the very large message. It was q good for me because when I read it I had taken the old contact lenses out and it was easy peasy!! Were you feeling in a loud and large mood when you wrote the message I wonder??

Gabriella x

Ask a Question