Do you/Have you, abused your computer?

Do you/Have you, abused your computer?

• Yes … with physical violence

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Yes … with verbal abuse

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Yes … it’s on 24/7 and I won’t give it a rest.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • I’ve been tempted too

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • No way! … why hit a machine?

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Huh!

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i admit i do verbally abuse what ever is on my computer screen (losing terrible on a game)
and sometimes my mouse and keyboard get hurt in the process...
perhaps i should take anger managment class or something...:D

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
LMAO @ Rodent

U not tryed the MX1000 Laser mouse yet then?

20 times more accurate than the optical.

Check out my picture quiz thread and you'll see why that's funny m8:D

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
I voted "Yes … it’s on 24/7 and I won’t give it a rest. " above.

I used to verbally abuse my computer very often as it behaved like an old dog and had trouble doing literally anything - playing DVDs, games, burning CDs... Then i found the updated drivers for the motherboard and now it does everything i want it to. So the only abuse my PC gets now is overuse!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Electronics & Photo Fan said:
I voted "Yes … it’s on 24/7 and I won’t give it a rest. " above.

I used to verbally abuse my computer very often as it behaved like an old dog and had trouble doing literally anything - playing DVDs, games, burning CDs... Then i found the updated drivers for the motherboard and now it does everything i want it to. So the only abuse my PC gets now is overuse!

Thats the problem when they actually work properly ;) Now mine is working great its on far too much!

Reaction score
Surprised

Just surprised to see a results that majority of people are used to hit a computer. Technically speaking does this make any difference in results?? except it hurts your hand or foot.

I never hit my computers, as most of the time it is me, who can't do a job and not the computer. Even if it is due to some hardware fault in computers then it is us who are unable to troubleshoot it at first go. :d

Reaction score
I hit my monitor (Crappy old Belina 14" thing) at the weekend when my PC kept BSOD.
Cause it was brand new and allot of cash I was annoyed at how this could happen a week after I had built it!

Thanks to help on here I have now sorted the problem also it was a software issue, not hardware after all!

Mikey

Reaction score
I don't have to, I have great machines :p . If you don't have a great machine, then it's your fault not the comps.

Av

Reaction score
Such thoughts of violence

Dear Ladies, and Gentlemen
I have Hit the books, Hit the Sack, Hit the bottom and come back.
I have Hit a chord, Hit a wall, Hit the bricks seen it all.
I have Hit some people been to jail, but the courts Hit back without fail,
I have been hit, spit, cursed, and dis'ed; yet never by a machine I must insist
So if you find yourself at witts end,
Take a deep breath, I think it's called Zen.
All will be right as rain, without the htting, without the pain.
You have the advanced processor so use it.

Reaction score
Sometimes I have to resort to physical violence because the monitor gets lines across. A quick slap sorts it out

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I used to have a crt CTX 19" and now and again would flicker..a quick clunk on the side of the case would normally sort it.....:D

Reaction score
My Epson 740 Printer kept chewing up expensive photo paper. Did everything that Epson Support suggested. 2 weeks out of guarantee. Took it out on the concrete drive and reduced the height of it to about two inches with a sledgehammer
Sent the picture to Epson Support saying I have done my very last "firmware reset" and bought a Canon.
No regrets. A very therapeutic experience actually, highly recommend

Reaction score
Recently changing a processor in my machine, from a small 800mhz to a wopping 1ghz I may have stabed the motherboard with a screwdriver trying to get the heatsink back on. Now the dame machine wount work. Having to use a work pc with a very impressive 400mhz.

P.S. Will someone please lend me £500 to build my new pc?

Reaction score
Hi new poster.
NO I DONT
Anyway I dont have too. A bullet fragment came through the house and put a good crack in my new LCD monitor. Thats one of the reasons that I packed up and moved to a smaller town.
had to patch up about 8 bullet holes in my trailer, I cant fix the monitor, but it still works. Just have to look through the damage.

Reaction score
wow !!!!
where did you live. Baghdad ?
I don't mind the occasional virus but bullet holes in my PC no thanks

Reaction score
Albuquerque NM USA.
The TV show COPs used to be made in my hood.
Sometimes I saw my street in that show.

Reaction score
Well..... Since I built the thing, it would be very rude of me to kick/thump/shoot it :D

at certain times with customers machines, I have been VERY tempted, but I then have to remember that It's not mine, and I should leave it alone.

Now... if its cars we were taking about................. ;)

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
my keyboard has been thrown across the room several times, it is unfair on the keyboard as it is something eworng with the software *cough*windows*cough* also my comp has had a few kid boots in the side of the case but it hurts the bare foot more thna it hurts the comp :( lol

Reaction score
I yell at my computer for being slow, but that is mainly when the server goes down, and I want to yell about it.

Ask a Question