Do you/Have you, abused your computer?

Do you/Have you, abused your computer?

• Yes … with physical violence

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Yes … with verbal abuse

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Yes … it’s on 24/7 and I won’t give it a rest.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • I’ve been tempted too

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • No way! … why hit a machine?

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Huh!

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
You lot need to chill-out.
Its a box, with some wires and other boxes inside of it, and some wires and otherboxes, outside of it......and one looks like a television.
Just think,it can't feel pain, but you do.Your fist, your head, your foot etc, and your WALLET!

Reaction score
I don't hit computers...

you want to try hitting a laptop, you will never get it started again!!!

forgot ths bit - i once threw a HD out of a window, it was a dead HD, but i did void its warrenty.......

Reaction score
coupla days ago my laser jet printer let me down big time!

so i gave it a few kicks with great anger.....
but it didnt work even after that!

i hate it when technology fails!

Reaction score
Well i don't hit the computer, but give it ALOT of verbal abuse coz it really winds me up ... !

My brother has nearly broke our desk coz he smashed his fist on it and snapped most of da wood off !!! :p oopsy lol

I hitthe desk aswell ... my brother is worst though ... BANG BANG BANG !!!

Kye

Reaction score
If you dont treat a PC right, it will just give you more grief. PC's have feelings too, you know. I talk to mine, and praise it sometimes.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mine is called: Andromeda; Psion; Perseus and Shiny Beast.

They are all machines.

And all machines need looking after to give their best.

And as I never seem to use Perseus any more, he's up for sale.

Bye bye Perseus, soon you will have a new master. they may be cruel or kind to you but I know, I just know, you'll still decide to crash towards the end of that 3000 word document they haven't saved :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
all male or a few girls flops?

I always think of computers as male, dunno why.

In much the same way as me cars are always girls. Odd, eh?

Though Shiny Beast is a tad androgynous ;)

Reaction score
Kye said:
If you dont treat a PC right, it will just give you more grief. PC's have feelings too, you know. I talk to mine, and praise it sometimes.

LOL!
this has to be the most funniest thing ive heard all day long!!!

but i have to confess my PC is one of my BESTEST FRIENDS
just like gurls have their best friends THEIR MOBILES! :)

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I have been known to kick speakers around the room and hurl verbal abuse at my computer, and also bang/kick my desk, although mainly after getting really engrossed in computer games and getting killed off after a difficult section or playing for a long time.

Generally, I treat my computer rather nicely, but it can be stubborn and frustrating sometimes. ;)

Reaction score
You know what makes me mad is when i install something internally or software and it dont work or i zapp something in the process i get p****d and my comp doesnt have a face on it after my last battle :D my new babbys gonna get wax on it every week though.

Attachments

• DSC04225.JPG
    DSC04225.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 132
Reaction score
Hmmm, physical violence, well not to my computer no, I do leave it on but i put it on standby ( Yes I know the risks and its not as good as just turning it off -Power Surge ....blah blah blah I don't Care) But my older monitor on the other hand got slapped around its last month or two of existance, bad wiring inside made it keep shutting off, one good smack and , "BONG" the screen would come back. Its gone now, and I have a 21" to replace it (I didn't have the money for an lcd so its huge and takes up my whole desk --- but hey my keyboard and mouse have thier own shelf )

Reaction score
Cache-man said:
Why/how did you throw salt water on it?

im just kidding lol i would never do that but i would smack my old one around for freezing on me but my new oneeeee i would even look at it wrong lol

Reaction score
Not strictly my PC, but I have been known to smash rodents against the wall on more than one occasion. I think it was because i could never be bothered to clean out my ball mouse and I used to get really frustrated in the middle of an FPS if the mouse stuck and i dies or missed the target. Anyway, optical mice have solved that problem and now i am most often very calm and collected (probably 'cos I spend so much on my PC, I can't bring myself to damage it out of anger):D

Reaction score
LMAO @ Rodent

U not tryed the MX1000 Laser mouse yet then?

20 times more accurate than the optical.

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
LMAO @ Rodent

U not tryed the MX1000 Laser mouse yet then?

20 times more accurate than the optical.

...that's really funny m8...I'll tell u why at a later time;)

Ask a Question