• Something goes wrong quite often

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • This PC never works properly!

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It seems some people have all the bad luck and have constant problems with their PC, i.e. crashes, instability and data loss.

Is your PC trouble free, or are battling to keep your system running?

Reaction score
Toshiba Laptop worked out of the box.
Only problem has been a user one, not sure what all the toys, er i mean programs do.:thumb:

Reaction score
It's a Mesh, they are designed to have constant problems?

As for my Laptop (Murdoch copied me & bought the same make!)
Runs well & with a few tweaks will run Vista with no problems, i hope.
It also runs all the software i want on it, can't fault it.:thumb:

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i have the odd problem or crash (explorer has actually just crashed :() but other than that my system seems to be fine

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Never had a problem! :D

...although now that I've said that I'm expecting it to start smoking or something... ;)

Reaction score
I do have the odd crash now and again when i try to runn too many operations apart from that this machine has been stable for a year

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I've been using my Rock Quaddra XT laptop for 3yrs 8mths and, like Murdoch's Toshiba, it worked right out of the box - and has continued to do so. It has never broken down (knocking wood as I say that) despite receiving many hours of daily use - actually it amazes me really, because it runs so hot :nod: sometimes it's like typing on a toaster :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've been fairly lucky I guess cos I rarely get problems. Apart from when components break down of course, the item with the biggest failure rate seems to be optical drives.

The setup in my sig and my second machine both running good, only problem I have is Call Of Duty 2 doesn't like dual CPU's and freezes online when changing maps sometimes. But it seems that's a common problem, not exclusive to me.

Reaction score
Havent had my new one crash, and its been around for about 6 months. Consistent and reliable.

My old pc was very choppy, but did its job...eventually.

:D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So far all has been well, The only time its crashed is when i was overclocking it! :D

I did have the CoD2 issue flops speaks of once but other than that its been really well behaved. :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Nope! no problems. :)

oops

wait a sec

error, gosub, return

fatal error ... rebooting

rats ... just a min while I re-install the OS

OK, now where were we ?

happywave.gif

Reaction score
I bought an HP in 2001 and I have never had a problem, and it was run all day pretty much for 6 years, apart from hard drive/ gfx changes etc. Good reliable system.

The other one I built about 8 months ago, so clearly its fine.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Had the odd problem with faulty RAM, but apart from that I've been pretty much trouble free :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Had an intermittent fan prob on me old pc , fixed it and its run for 4 years no probs .

The £75 fujitsu siemens I got from e-bay and upgraded a bit has been hammered by its 14 year old games playing owner and is running sweetly .

The pc I built for me sister is ok .

My pc is running just great , be even better when I get round to using the case I got from flopps .

Blue screen of death has haunted me over the years and its always been software related (apart from me fan prob) .

AMD and Asus sound as a pound in my book .
happywave.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i dont get many, but when i do, it usuallly more of a really big annoyance

Reaction score
Ardie

I bought mine from a computer crowd at AVO @ North Sydney/Crows Nest area of Sycney NSW Australia and Microsoft keep telli9ng me I have a Pirate Version. Ardie]

Ask a Question