Do you capitalize personal pronouns as personifications?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Frontpage' started by Guest, Feb 4, 2006.

    When using a personal pronoun (her) to refer to a personification (Dawn or
    West Wind, for example)do you capitalize it?

    Guest, Feb 4, 2006

    Steve Easton Guest

    No.

    --
    Steve Easton
    Microsoft MVP FrontPage
    95isalive
    This site is best viewed............
    ........................with a computer

    "California_Penn_Joe" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Steve Easton, Feb 4, 2006

    Clark Guest

    No. Specially not when using Frontpage.

    Clark, Feb 4, 2006

    Only if it's the Queen of England!
    I don't think you use caps for pronouns. Unless I don't understand your
    question.
    --
    Edward

    Guest, Feb 5, 2006
  5. I is always capitalized.

    Rob Giordano \(Crash\), Feb 5, 2006

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    Why would FrontPage have a problem with capitalizing pronouns???

    Does it also have a problem with misspelled words?

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Feb 5, 2006

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    Unless by "Him", you mean God, then no.

    Bob Lehmann

    "California_Penn_Joe" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Bob Lehmann, Feb 5, 2006

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    In German, Sie (you) is always capitalized when speaking formally -
    generally when you aren't familiar with the person you're speaking to / of.

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Feb 5, 2006
  9. ....and, what does it have to do with FP, anyway?
    --
    Tom [Pepper] Willett
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    Tom [Pepper] Willett, Feb 5, 2006

    Clark Guest

    OK guys that one slipped by you. The reference to FP was tongue in
    cheek since it is a FP newsgroup. C'mon!

    Clark, Feb 5, 2006
  11. Same in Italian...Lei.
    Where we going with all this anyway? I dunno, Who's on first, and I don't
    give a darn :)

    | In German, Sie (you) is always capitalized when speaking formally -
    | generally when you aren't familiar with the person you're speaking to /
    of.

    | Bob Lehmann
    |
    | "Rob Giordano (Crash)" <> wrote in message
    | > I is always capitalized.
    | >

    | > "Edward" <> wrote in message
    | > | Only if it's the Queen of England!
    | > | I don't think you use caps for pronouns. Unless I don't understand
    your
    | > | question.
    | > | --
    | > | Edward