DLL's of windows XP

vishy

hi all,

I have done with a project(developed in VC++ 6.0), and now i want
to deploy that project. Now that i have struck with some problem. For
that i want to know which files(specially DLL's) will be installed on
the system while installing windows xp. Becoz, i know on which dll my
application uses but by which s/w all these dll comes dont know. ie my
application using say abc.dll present in system32 folder, and i dont
know abc.dll is been installed by windows xp OS or VC++ 6.0 . SO
please help me to know which files(dll) comes with windows xp OS.

thatnks in advance

Vishy

db

maybe you could download
the freeware called autorun's
from microsoft.com.

it will give you a listing
of dll's that are actually
loaded and running
during operations.

however, you might
consider running it
via safemode.

that way third party
software is excluded
during your explore-ation.

also, some dll's are
inititated by a rundll
command. if i recall
there is a freeware
called task lister that
will print out all the dll's
running via the one rundll
process event.

- db
hi all,

I have done with a project(developed in VC++ 6.0), and now i want
to deploy that project. Now that i have struck with some problem. For
that i want to know which files(specially DLL's) will be installed on
the system while installing windows xp. Becoz, i know on which dll my
application uses but by which s/w all these dll comes dont know. ie my
application using say abc.dll present in system32 folder, and i dont
know abc.dll is been installed by windows xp OS or VC++ 6.0 . SO
please help me to know which files(dll) comes with windows xp OS.

thatnks in advance

Vishy

db

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face="Arial Unicode MS" size=5><EM>not
interested....</EM></FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><EM><FONT face="Arial Unicode MS"
size=5></FONT></EM></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
<DIV>"Bear Pit" &lt;<A
href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>&gt;
wrote in message <A
href="
wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "vishy" &lt;<A
href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>&gt;
wrote in message<BR>&gt; <A
href="
turn off the HTML! <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

not interested....

WTC

"db" <databaseben.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
not interested....

If you had any respect for other posters then please turn off the HTML. I
have seen multiple requests from other posters requesting you to turn off
your HTML posting and yet you do not. Please explain why you do not want to
turn off your HTML posting?

vishy

Hi all,

Sorry for what you are telling. And i dont know how to turn off
HTML. Please tell me how to turn off HTML.

Thanks
Vishy

WTC

Sorry about the confusion vishy. Turning off HTML is not meant for you to
do, it is suggested for another poster named "db" will do.

If you want to know all the dll files for Windows XP then your best bet is
to install Windows XP cleanly. Do not install any other programs or you will
contaminant the clean install. If you start applying Service Packs and
updates then there will be some new dll files and definitely updated ones.

Also if you right-click a DLL file, you will see a version tab. The dll
files for Windows XP will have a Build 2600 string in the version number.

--
William Crawford
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

vishy said:
Hi all,

Sorry for what you are telling. And i dont know how to turn off
HTML. Please tell me how to turn off HTML.

Thanks
Vishy

db

i'm humored.