Win XP Home stop messages

Reaction score
Okay I know I've seen this on another thread and I was surprised that no one actually answered it with a way to fix the problem. I'm getting the following message

stop: c0000135 {unable to locate component} This application has failed to start because KERNEL32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Originally I had xp freshly installed and activated. Went to load Norton on the computer and the damn thing froze up on me. Shut down Windows and when I went to reboot........................Nothing happened. Eventually it tells me that it is missing dll's. So I try to boot from the OS disk that came with the system. Nothing doing. It won't work. I tried "repairing" the setup and I get messages saying that

setup cannot copy the file: On a bunch of files. A few dll's and other filetypes. And a CAUTION message that says If you skip this file, setup may not complete and windows XP may not work properly. Well it's right. It's not working properly. Anyone have any fresh ideas?

Ask a Question