Display directory tree when Windows Explorer starts up in a specified directory

Charles Rogers

I like for Windows Explorer to start up positioned in my C disk, with the
directory tree at the left showing the directories in the C disk. I added
the parameter "c:" to the shortcut, and now it starts up in the C disk, but
instead of displaying the directory tree at the left, it shows an options
panel that doesn't interest me. The Folders button on the toolbar will
activate the directory tree, but I'd like for it to start up showing the
directory tree.

Does explorer.exe have an execution option so that when it starts up in a
parameter-specified directory, it also starts up with the directory tree
showing?

Thanks,
Chaz

Rock

Charles said:
I like for Windows Explorer to start up positioned in my C disk, with the
directory tree at the left showing the directories in the C disk. I added
the parameter "c:" to the shortcut, and now it starts up in the C disk, but
instead of displaying the directory tree at the left, it shows an options
panel that doesn't interest me. The Folders button on the toolbar will
activate the directory tree, but I'd like for it to start up showing the
directory tree.

Does explorer.exe have an execution option so that when it starts up in a
parameter-specified directory, it also starts up with the directory tree
showing?

Thanks,
Chaz

In the shortcut insert the switch "/e" (not in quotes).

Charles Rogers