Disk read error occured

G

hi

I've just reconfigured/format an HP Netserver which was previously running NT Server4.0 and was running fine before i tried to install win server2003. I've configured the disk array to RAID 5 and tried RAID 1 too, but when the Win Server 2003 installation finished copying files(in DOS, installation step) and upon restart i'm getting the msg "Disk read error occured Press Ctl Alt Del to restart". I;ve tried the diagnosti
tools which came with the server to check all the hardware especially the hard drive, it passed all the testing

So, any idea what's wrong with it and what can i do next? Thks!

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please visit the appropriate Windows Server newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.server.setup

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| hi!
|
| I've just reconfigured/format an HP Netserver which was previously running NT Server4.0 and was running fine
before i tried to install win server2003. I've configured the disk array to RAID 5 and tried RAID 1 too, but
when the Win Server 2003 installation finished copying files(in DOS, installation step) and upon restart i'm
getting the msg "Disk read error occured Press Ctl Alt Del to restart". I;ve tried the diagnostic
| tools which came with the server to check all the hardware especially the hard drive, it passed all the
testing.
|
| So, any idea what's wrong with it and what can i do next? Thks!

Ask a Question