Disappearing Pictures

TF

Len

Yes: these are three terms are for the same item. It does looks as though
there are many other users sharing this problem. Don't get put off by the
twit that says he doesn't see this with WordPerfect though. WP works
completely differently than Word, so comparing an error on one with the
other is totally irrelevant. Word is very demanding of both the graphics and
printer drivers: if either has the slightest bug, you can be pretty sure
that Word will be affected long before other applications are affected.

I would also guess that comparing your problems with my Radeon 5500 are
irrelevant too because it looks like most of these users have Dell with
PCI-E buses; so it may be a conflict with the driver on particular
motherboards.

Terry

message : thank you for these replies!
: is the display adapter, graphics card, video card, all the same thing?
also,
: found this thread at cnet:
:
:
http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6129-0.html?forumID=29&threadID=48813&messageID=579899
:
: found out many have this problem. thank you, len kiesling
:

Leonard F Kiesling

thanks for all this info! my home dell, 10 months old, desktop 4600 using
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 video card. no problem scrolling photos in word 2002.
have win98se using word 97 & no problem scrolling. have 4 month old dell
4700 work computer, using word 2002, has scrolling problems.

is this part fixable:
"so it may be a conflict with the driver on particular
motherboards."?

thanks again, len kiesling

TF

Thanks for letting us know that Intel have patched the bug.

Terry

message : thanks for all this info! my home dell, 10 months old, desktop 4600 using
: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 video card. no problem scrolling photos in word
2002.
: have win98se using word 97 & no problem scrolling. have 4 month old dell
: 4700 work computer, using word 2002, has scrolling problems.
:
: is this part fixable:
: "so it may be a conflict with the driver on particular
: motherboards."?
:
: thanks again, len kiesling
:
: "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: : > Len
: >
[...]
: > :
: > :