Disabling Windows Resource Protection

jblz1234

We currently send an alert when Windows File Protection is diabled on Win2k
and 2k3, I wanted to know if there was an alert and what it is when Windows
Resource Protection is disabled in Server 2008 and Vista. AND how to disable
WRP for testing purposes. Is it possible to disable WRP?

windows media player

jblz1234 said:
We currently send an alert when Windows File Protection is diabled on Win2k
and 2k3, I wanted to know if there was an alert and what it is when Windows
Resource Protection is disabled in Server 2008 and Vista. AND how to disable
WRP for testing purposes. Is it possible to disable WRP?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Windows Resource Protection provides most of it's protections through the
ACLS on the files and registry keys.
What are you trying to do that would require disabling it?
The security is in the locked down ACLs.
What are you expecting to happen?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

| >From: =?Utf-8?B?d2luZG93cyBtZWRpYSBwbGF5ZXI=?=