Digital Camera Connection Problem

When I connect my canon PS520 or a friends kodak camera to my computer
through the usb cable, my Windows XP recognizes the device but does not
provide a list of programs to open and use to download photos. Nor is the
device found in Windows Explore.

I need to be able to download my photos. Please help if you can.

DSW

Detlev Dreyer

DSW said:
When I connect my canon PS520 or a friends kodak camera to my computer
through the usb cable, my Windows XP recognizes the device but does not
provide a list of programs to open and use to download photos. Nor is the
device found in Windows Explore.

I need to be able to download my photos.

No need for any "download" programs. Copy/move the files in Explorer
from the virtual camera drive onto the hard disk. Is this a problem?

Detlev Dreyer

DSW said:
Nor is the device found in Windows Explore.

Addendum: The device does not appear in Windows Explorer. There should be
a virtual drive after plugging in - usually the first free drive letter.
There may be problems if that drive has been mapped within the network.

Jim

DSW said:
When I connect my canon PS520 or a friends kodak camera to my computer
through the usb cable, my Windows XP recognizes the device but does not
provide a list of programs to open and use to download photos. Nor is the
device found in Windows Explore.

I need to be able to download my photos. Please help if you can.

DSW
Just get a USB card reader to take care of such problematical software.
Jim

AJR

Explain "...Windows XP recognizes the device...."

Regarding "...but does not provide a list of programs to open and use to
download photos....". Usually plugging in the USB cable invokes "Autoplay"
and presents a screen with options (not programs) - one of which is to open
and view files. Selecting that option shuld show one/two folders - one
titled "DCIM" (or close to that) - opening that folder and you will see the
photos desinted by number.

Open "My Computer"- verify dirve listing - also reboot with USB cable
plugged in.

Harry Ohrn

Try using the MS Autoplay Repair Wizard to fix this
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...-e8fa-45c4-a171-1b389cfacdad&DisplayLang=enIf you don't want to use a microsoft product try a third party solutionhttp://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Autoplay-Repair-Download-22528.html--Harry Ohrn"DSW" <[email protected]> wrote in messageWhen I connect my canon PS520 or a friends kodak camera to my computer> through the usb cable, my Windows XP recognizes the device but does not> provide a list of programs to open and use to download photos. Nor is the> device found in Windows Explore.>> I need to be able to download my photos. Please help if you can.>> DSW

I done a free PICASA d/load from Google search page for my Olympus 'FANTASTIC'
just cl 'MORE' by Google search box and scroll down. Takes 1 minute.