DFKai-SB - answers

The following is the comment from a Microsoft support technician regarding
DFKai-SB font (kaiu.ttf) on English version of WinXP. I intentionally
blanked out the email address of the technician so that the poor guy doesn't
get flooded with emails.

Cheers,
MSC
Microsoft Certified Professional

Dear M____,

Thank you for choosing Online Support for your Microsoft Technical Support
offering. My name is Benny and I will be assisting you with this service
request. For your reference, the Case ID of this service request is: <
SRZ_____________ >.

In your case log, you've indicated that Chinese font Kai Ti (kaiu.ttf)
cannot be found in your English version Windows XP.

If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.

M____, I apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered.

Based on my research, font Kai Ti is only available in Chinese version
Windows XP and Office suit.
It is normally that the font cannot be found in English Windows XP and
installation CD.

If you need this file, I'd like to suggest you open a Chinese language case
and order this file from Microsoft China.

For your information:
<http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx>

Thank you for your understanding.

At this point, I'll go ahead and close this case as not resolved. I will not
count this incident against your pool of support incidents.

If you need further assistance with this issue, please do not hesitate to
let me know.
You can just simply send a mail to me ([email protected]),
and I will follow up with you as soon as possible.

Our goal is to make sure you are satisfied with the Microsoft Windows
Platform team and are the completely satisfied with the overall service. If
you have any suggestions or comments on the service provided or on our
products, feel free to contact us. We always strive to keep improving our
service
level from capturing customer feedback.

Again, thank you for choosing Microsoft and have a nice day!

For the latest answers to all Windows XP SP2 questions, visit the support
center at: www.support.microsoft.com/windowsxpsp2

Best regards,

Benny

From: "Dan" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Dan" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: DFKai-SB, v3.00 - kaiu.ttf
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 13:32:46 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

I guess this boils down to my other question in the
original post. How can I obtain this font, preferably
through free and legitimate means?

Thanks,

Dan

Carey Frisch [MVP]

You can obtain the font by following the instructions the
Microsoft technical support person already gave you.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

:

| The following is the comment from a Microsoft support technician regarding
| DFKai-SB font (kaiu.ttf) on English version of WinXP. I intentionally
| blanked out the email address of the technician so that the poor guy doesn't
| get flooded with emails.
|
| Cheers,
| MSC
| Microsoft Certified Professional
|
| ====================================================
|
| Dear M____,
|
| Thank you for choosing Online Support for your Microsoft Technical Support
| offering. My name is Benny and I will be assisting you with this service
| request. For your reference, the Case ID of this service request is: <
| SRZ_____________ >.
|
| In your case log, you've indicated that Chinese font Kai Ti (kaiu.ttf)
| cannot be found in your English version Windows XP.
|
| If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.
|
| M____, I apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered.
|
| Based on my research, font Kai Ti is only available in Chinese version
| Windows XP and Office suit.
| It is normally that the font cannot be found in English Windows XP and
| installation CD.
|
| If you need this file, I'd like to suggest you open a Chinese language case
| and order this file from Microsoft China.
|
| For your information:
| <http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx>
|
| Thank you for your understanding.
|
| At this point, I'll go ahead and close this case as not resolved. I will not
| count this incident against your pool of support incidents.
|
| If you need further assistance with this issue, please do not hesitate to
| let me know.
| You can just simply send a mail to me ([email protected]),
| and I will follow up with you as soon as possible.
|
| Our goal is to make sure you are satisfied with the Microsoft Windows
| Platform team and are the completely satisfied with the overall service. If
| you have any suggestions or comments on the service provided or on our
| products, feel free to contact us. We always strive to keep improving our
| service
| level from capturing customer feedback.
|
| Again, thank you for choosing Microsoft and have a nice day!
|
| For the latest answers to all Windows XP SP2 questions, visit the support
| center at: www.support.microsoft.com/windowsxpsp2
|
| Best regards,
|
| Benny
|
| ====================================================

| From: "Dan" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Dan" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: DFKai-SB, v3.00 - kaiu.ttf
| Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 13:32:46 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|

| I guess this boils down to my other question in the
| original post. How can I obtain this font, preferably
| through free and legitimate means?
|

| Thanks,
|
| Dan

That's not how I read his response.

The way I interpret his message is - if you really want that file, go check
with Microsoft China. *Maybe* they will give it to you. (But my gut feeling
is most likely a "no" - they will go tell you fork out $250 to buy a Chinese
language edition of WinXP... or that you didn't buy the product from us, we
[MS China] can't help you... go check with Microsoft Canada...)