    Groups-->Users-->Joedoakes-->properties, and the user name is member
    of group Administrators. Any help in how to map settings back to
    Administrator would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Joe Doakes, Jan 26, 2005

  2. "Joe Doakes" <> wrote in message
    news:1106705634.4b6b22b4b311d2ec110ad33da432649b@bubbanews...
    > I have a problem with win2K settings on a Thinkpad that I can't figure
    > out. Returned from vacation, turned on laptop that kids had been
    > using and opened My Documents. Contents were gone. I checked
    > location and discovered that the properties were no longer pointing to
    > Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents, but rather to
    > folder for user name that I login as (Documents and
    > Settings/Joedoakes/My Documents). I changed the properties back to
    > Adminstrator location to fix this problem. Then noticed that my
    > desktop, start menu, task bar were all pointing to Joedoakes instead
    > of administrator. I can't figure out how to change this back or why
    > it happened. I went to My Computer-->Manage-->Local Users and
    > Groups-->Users-->Joedoakes-->properties, and the user name is member
    > of group Administrators. Any help in how to map settings back to
    > Administrator would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Log on under your secondary admin account, then rename the
    "Administrator" profile folder to a different name, to force a
    new profile to be created.

    You might also want to review your password policy. Having
    an administrator account that is readily accessible by children
    can have some obvious repercussions.

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Jan 26, 2005