Desktop Background

Joe

Can anyone please tell me how I can delete unwanted pics from my Desktop
Background, and yet not delete them from the My Pictures Folder.

Thank you

T.C.

They're in:

C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper (If Windows XP is installed to a drive or
partition other than C, then start the path with that letter)

If you don't want to delete the images in that subfolder, but don't want
them to list as desktop backgrounds, move them to another folder. As for
the images in the My Pictures subfolder, you can move them to another
folder.

Joe

T.C. Thank you for your reply, but when I go to where you say, the system
ones are there, but not pics that I want to get rid of, but if I go back to
the desktop, and open up properties, Desktop, they are still there.

Any further suggestions please.

Regards
Joe

C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper (If Windows XP is installed to a drive or
partition other than C, then start the path with that letter)

If you don't want to delete the images in that subfolder, but don't want
them to list as desktop backgrounds, move them to another folder. As for
the images in the My Pictures subfolder, you can move them to another
folder.

T.C.

Kelly, who, along with Doug Knox, are two people whose Windows XP news group
posts, and web sites are truly informative, previously posted the following
response, which covers just about every aspect of what you're asking about.

"The pictures that show up under display properties, desktop are located in
these folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\My Pictures
C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper
C:\Windows\Resources\Themes

Under My Computer scroll down to Shared Documents/Shared Pictures. If
Shared Pictures is listed, remove it.

TweakUI for XP: Unchecking "Lock Web Content" under Explorer to be added
to desktop disables the pictures from being listed.

Workarounds:

Create another folder (under your user profile), remove the pictures from My
Pictures that you don't want listed under Backgrounds and in the My Pictures
folder, create a shortcut to the new folder. Or create subfolders within My
Pictures."
--
T.C.
Pay it forward...