Delayed printing from Windows XP

G

I have two printers connected to my HP Pavilion 9795C which is running Win XP Pro: an Epson 870 Photo inkjet and a Brother HL 2440 Laser.
Sometimes, not always, when I send a print job to either printer (or both), nothing happens for as long as 4 minutes and then the job prints as expected.
When this happens, I go to the printers section of the control panel and I can see the print job in the queue. But I cannot understand why or where it is being held up.
Can this be a Win XP Pro problem ? At the same time that I added the Brother laser printer, I upgraded my USB connections from 1.1 to 2.0 using a PCI card. I did this to accomodate the Brother, which came equipped with USB 2.0. Everything seems to be fine in device manager. And when I first turn on one of the printers, it will print right away. It is only on the second or successive print jobs that the long delay occurs. If I wait long enough, all jobs finally print on either printer. But it is no fun to stand around and wait.
Benny Smith
Santa Rosa, C

V

vincent vega

Benny

I am having the same problem, but I am printing via the lpt1 port on my
computer. I am using a HP 1320 printer. The print jobs always print
ok, but take around 4 minutes to print. I can't figure it out either.
Have you had any success?

Ask a Question