defrag alternatives?

Ted Shoemaker

Alright, folks, it's time to talk about defraggers, especially those
that will work on Win98 or Win95.

There are posts on this topic already, and I would appreciate it if
someone could add the following:
Suppose you like Geodisk, dirms, buzzsaw, diskeeper lite, Win ME defrag,
or whatever. Please tell us *what* makes it better. Or how it works
differently.

And by the way, I didn't find *any* defrag tools on pricelessware.org.
Surely I'm looking in the wrong place? (System Utilities)

Thank you for all responses.

Ted Shoemaker

Susan Bugher

Ted said:
And by the way, I didn't find *any* defrag tools on pricelessware.org.
Surely I'm looking in the wrong place? (System Utilities)

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_SYSTEMUTILITIES.php#5.10DefragDrives

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://google.ca/advanced_group_search?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware

Paul Johnson

Ted Shoemaker said:
Alright, folks, it's time to talk about defraggers, especially those
that will work on Win98 or Win95.
Suppose you like Geodisk, dirms, buzzsaw, diskeeper lite, Win ME defrag,
or whatever. Please tell us *what* makes it better. Or how it works
differently.

And by the way, I didn't find *any* defrag tools on pricelessware.org.
Surely I'm looking in the wrong place? (System Utilities)

Thank you for all responses.

Ted Shoemaker
I found Geodisk did not know when to quit operations. It just kept on
recycling till I intervened to stop it. I also have win98 se operating
system. Now I use ScanDefrag. No problems.
Paul

Duddits

Alright, folks, it's time to talk about defraggers, especially those
that will work on Win98 or Win95.

There are posts on this topic already, and I would appreciate it if
someone could add the following:
Suppose you like Geodisk, dirms, buzzsaw, diskeeper lite, Win ME defrag,
or whatever. Please tell us *what* makes it better. Or how it works
differently.

And by the way, I didn't find *any* defrag tools on pricelessware.org.
Surely I'm looking in the wrong place? (System Utilities)

Thank you for all responses.

Ted Shoemaker

I would choose dirms and buzzsaw but they don't work on W9X or ME. For
W9X I would suggest getting a copy of the defrag used on WinME.
http://aroundcny.com/Technofile/texts/Defrag.zip

regards

Dud

Bill Piety

This was a timely question. I downloaded O&O (approx. 2megs) and Diskeeper
Lite (approx 12megs). I've installed & am now defragging with O&O. Thought
I'd look at the smaller of the 2 first. Will report back later with
comparison & comments.

burris

Bill said:
This was a timely question. I downloaded O&O (approx. 2megs) and Diskeeper
Lite (approx 12megs). I've installed & am now defragging with O&O. Thought
I'd look at the smaller of the 2 first. Will report back later with
comparison & comments.
I have been using 0&0 on my XP Pro and really like it.
I still have Diskeeper pro, but always try new things.

burris

Mel

Gee Mel, your memory seems to be failing. The *ACF* theme song is:

***** The Best Things in Life that are FREE *****
Or maybe yours has failed you - refer to the recent thread:

Payware Worth Every Penny ;)

Roger Johansson

Susan Bugher said:
***** The Best Things in Life that are FREE *****

Maybe we have to identify what the best things in life are first, so we
can support an effort to make them free.

So we know what to ask for and what to look for.

Freeware authors make programs better and better, guided by requests
from the users, who compare all kinds of programs, payware as well as
freeware.

We cannot discuss the quality of freeware programs without comparing them
with payware programs.

Only religious types of communities have taboos against what can be
discussed or not.

Libor Striz

Mel said:
Or maybe yours has failed you - refer to the recent thread:

Payware Worth Every Penny ;)
Did you notice you are in freeware group?
If one wants to buy a payware, he would look for in other places...

--
"Libor the Wanderer" <[email protected]>

Any supposed offense is because of bad english a/o formulation
and was not intended.
ForPrivateResponseRemoveDelAndThisFromAboveAddress.

Mel

Did you notice you are in freeware group?
If one wants to buy a payware, he would look for in other places...
If you had followed the above thread you'd know that I agree with you.

Libor Striz

Mel said:
If you had followed the above thread you'd know that I agree with you.
I am sorry, my english missed something...

I searched ACF by Google groups, but message by "Mel" is there (yet?)

--
"Libor the Wanderer" <[email protected]>

Any supposed offense is because of bad english a/o formulation
and was not intended.
ForPrivateResponseRemoveDelAndThisFromAboveAddress.

Mel

I misunderstood the intent of your reply; sorry.

Thank you for sharing your views on staying On-Topic in the ACF News
Group.

Best Regards,
Mel

Mike Andrade

(e-mail address removed) wrote in
You're the one still running 9.x. Who's really the stupid one
here?
No question. A comment like that could only come in a moment of
sheer stupidity or from someone who is in fact stupid. So which is
it?