    defender still give the same error,
    Please advice
    elhanan

    Guest, Mar 9, 2006

  2. That sounds as though you did the right things, but there can be limitations
    to what key can replace what original key, I suspect.

    I would try going through the process here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/

    to see if it helps in any way. If it does not, I'd recommend a repair
    install, as described here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315341

    Under most circumstances, such a repair install is pretty benign--you'll
    have some trouble telling that you'd done it afterwards--i.e. you don't need
    to reinstall applications.

    However, there are some circumstances, which mostly relate to OEM
    installations, where data loss is possible--read the article and the linked
    articles as they apply, carefully.

    Bill Sanderson, Mar 9, 2006