From: "Isabel CHIN" <[email protected]>
Subject: default paper size
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:43:09 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

The server is running under Windows 2000 server and
Citrix server. From the workstation (no matter, Win XP, W
2K pro or Win98) which is connected the network printer
and paper set as A4 Size under the advanced paper size
and device setting as well. However, once they connect
the Cirtix server and print the client local printer, it
converted to paper size as letter even if the client
local printer paper size is set as A4.
Any idea?
It worked fine for 1 year then suddenly all users got
same problem.
I really appreciate that if someone tells me any reason.

Thanks
--

Isabel ,

Take a look at the article below.

243942 - Terminal Services Printer Redirection Not Signaled on Change to Server-Side Device Settings Tab
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];243942

If we make changes to the Printer Preferences for the redirected printer, these changes are cached in the registry on the
client at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Default\AddIns\RDPDR\<printer name>,
where <printer name> is a sub-key with the name of the redirected printer. If the information in the article above does not
help you may want to try removing this sub-key from the registry on the client.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.