dataform wizard problems

I've used the dataform wizard any number of times, and it
works on all but one kind of microsoft access database.

The style I use is text boxes for each column, with all
the buttons.

I just used the wizard on the customers table in the
northwind.mdb that comes with office 11. Worked fine.
Most importantly, when I clicked the add button, all the
text boxes were cleared and and record count says 92 of
92 records(there are 91 records to start in the customers
table).

I created an mdb (access 2003) with one table from a
larger database. It's called datetypes, and the table is
called datetype. It has 5 columns.

ID autoincrement integer
DateType string 255 characters
CreateDate Date default Now
ChangeDate Date default Now
Active Boolean default True

All fields are required.

When I run the form created by the dataform wizard on
this table, the behavior is different. If I click Add,
the text boxes(and checkbox for the boolean column) do
not clear.

Furthermore the recordcount (there are 9 records to
start), says 1 of 10. If I press cancel, nothing
happens, it still says 1 of 10.

If I remove the faults, the same thing happens.

If I remove required for all the columns except the ID
autoincrementing key field, the same thing still happens.

Furthermore, this happens with any of my tables in which
the primarykey is an autoincrementing integer.

Any ideas?

Dennist

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Dennist,

Thanks for posting in the group.

Currently we am researching it and will reply here with more information
ASAP. If you have any more concerns on it, please feel free to post here.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

If you read my latest doings in the insert into thread,
you'll see I finally got it to update. However, the
dataformwizard problem is obviously related to the
general problem of ado.net and access, something that did
not exist in ado.

dennist

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Dennis,

This is a known issue. If there's a boolean field in the table, the AddNew
method might not work properly. The workaround is to add the default value
for this field in the XSD file.

Please refer to the following link for more information.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321504

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

| From: <[email protected]>
| Sender: <[email protected]>
| Subject: dataform wizard problems
| Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 06:00:52 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet
|
| I've used the dataform wizard any number of times, and it
| works on all but one kind of microsoft access database.
|
| The style I use is text boxes for each column, with all
| the buttons.
|
| I just used the wizard on the customers table in the
| northwind.mdb that comes with office 11. Worked fine.
| Most importantly, when I clicked the add button, all the
| text boxes were cleared and and record count says 92 of
| 92 records(there are 91 records to start in the customers
| table).
|
| I created an mdb (access 2003) with one table from a
| larger database. It's called datetypes, and the table is
| called datetype. It has 5 columns.
|
| ID autoincrement integer
| DateType string 255 characters
| CreateDate Date default Now
| ChangeDate Date default Now
| Active Boolean default True
|
| All fields are required.
|
| When I run the form created by the dataform wizard on
| this table, the behavior is different. If I click Add,
| the text boxes(and checkbox for the boolean column) do
| not clear.
|
| Furthermore the recordcount (there are 9 records to
| start), says 1 of 10. If I press cancel, nothing
| happens, it still says 1 of 10.
|
| If I remove the faults, the same thing happens.
|
| If I remove required for all the columns except the ID
| autoincrementing key field, the same thing still happens.
|
| Furthermore, this happens with any of my tables in which
| the primarykey is an autoincrementing integer.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Dennist

Thank you muchly. worked fine.

dennist