Database Editor Returns No Results

Dave

The Database Interface Wizard creates the Database Editor Page which is
split in an upper and lower half.

The lower half which is edit.asp shows No records found. The upper half
displays delete.asp and it works fine.

I have deleted the folder that was crated and ran the wizard again with the
same results.

The wizard seemed straight forward. Is there anything I am missing? The
database was created via FP2003

I am using FrontPage 2003.

Thanks

Dave

Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]

OK, because I just tried this from scratch telling the Wizard to create a
new database, and it worked pretty well. I will try it using an existing
database and let you know what I find out.

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft FrontPage MVP

Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]

Dave:
In the top half of the Database Editor window, you should see a list of the
records in your database table. One of the fields in the record should be a
hyperlink. Click on it and the detail of that record will appear in the
lower half of the window. If you want to edit the record, click the Edit
button at the bottom of the page and it will give you all the fields in text
boxes for editing. Make your edits and click OK. The top half of the window
will refresh and you should see your changes.

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Spider Web Woman Designs
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

Dave

BLESS YOUR HEART!!!

Thanks

Dave

Kathleen Anderson said:
Dave:
In the top half of the Database Editor window, you should see a list of the
records in your database table. One of the fields in the record should be a
hyperlink. Click on it and the detail of that record will appear in the
lower half of the window. If you want to edit the record, click the Edit
button at the bottom of the page and it will give you all the fields in text
boxes for editing. Make your edits and click OK. The top half of the window
will refresh and you should see your changes.

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Spider Web Woman Designs
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

Dave

I spoke too soon.

I get results below, but I get Wizards error I make changes and click OK.

Dave

Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]

Dave:
What does this mean? "I get Wizards error I make changes and click OK."

--

Kathleen Anderson said:
Dave:
In the top half of the Database Editor window, you should see a list
of the records in your database table. One of the fields in the
record should be a hyperlink. Click on it and the detail of that
record will appear in the lower half of the window. If you want to
edit the record, click the Edit button at the bottom of the page and
it will give you all the fields in text boxes for editing. Make your
edits and click OK. The top half of the window will refresh and you
should see your changes.

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Spider Web Woman Designs
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

Dave said:
Use existing DB!

"Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Did you tell the wizard to use an existing database connection or
to create a new database?

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Spider Web Woman Designs
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

The Database Interface Wizard creates the Database Editor Page
which is split in an upper and lower half.

The lower half which is edit.asp shows No records found. The upper
half displays delete.asp and it works fine.

I have deleted the folder that was crated and ran the wizard again
with the same results.

The wizard seemed straight forward. Is there anything I am
missing? The database was created via FP2003

I am using FrontPage 2003.

Thanks

Dave

Dave

If I tried to edit a record by selecting a file above. The record would
open below. I would make a change and click OK, then I got a Results Wizard
error below.

I remember reading the Knowledge Base Article 828898 discussing this, I made
the change to the Timestamp and life is good!

Dave

Kathleen Anderson said:
[...]

You're welcome :)

--