Data Recovery On A DVD-RAM drive?

Justin Goldberg

Is it possible to recover data from a dvd-ram disk cartridge that
might have errors so I can copy it to another?

The system uses SAI Software Architects WriteDVD as it's UDFS driver.
I think it functions as a removable disk or super hyper mega floppy
based on the icon in My Computer. Also the drives show up as two
drives, one as cd/dvd drive, and the other one as a dvd-ram. It
depends on what is inserted into the drive.

Arno Wagner

Previously Justin Goldberg said:
Is it possible to recover data from a dvd-ram disk cartridge that
might have errors so I can copy it to another?
The system uses SAI Software Architects WriteDVD as it's UDFS driver.
I think it functions as a removable disk or super hyper mega floppy
based on the icon in My Computer. Also the drives show up as two
drives, one as cd/dvd drive, and the other one as a dvd-ram. It
depends on what is inserted into the drive.

You should, just as for other media, be able to make a sector-wise
copy (not thet DVD sectors are 2048 bytes long). You can also
experiment with different drives, I have two currently under
evaluation and the results are vastly different for both and
different disks.

You can also go for professional data recovery, this
issue should be known to them.

Arno

Squeeze

Justin Goldberg wrote in news:8c68b003-a1d3-4619-a2e8-79b219284004@z72g2000hsb.googlegroups.com
Is it possible to recover data from a dvd-ram disk cartridge that
might have errors so I can copy it to another?

Because of what? Is there a problem?
The system uses SAI Software Architects WriteDVD as it's UDFS driver.
I think it functions as a removable disk or super hyper mega floppy
based on the icon in My Computer. Also the drives show up as two
drives, one as cd/dvd drive, and the other one as a dvd-ram.
It depends

What depends?