Data Macros Don't Work With Linked Tables???

Neil

Albert D. Kallal said:
"Access Developer" wrote in message

I 100%+ agree with above. Changing a name does NOT change what something
is.

FYI, here's what Wikipedia has to say about ACE (under "Microsoft Jet
Database Engine"):

"With version 2007 onwards, Access includes an Office-specific version of
Jet, initially called the Office Access Connectivity Engine (ACE), but which
is now called the Access Database Engine. This engine is fully
backward-compatible with previous versions of the Jet engine, so it reads
and writes (.mdb) files from earlier Access versions. It introduces a new
default file format, (.accdb), that brings several improvements to Access,
including complex data types such as multivalue fields, the attachment data
type and history tracking in memo fields. It also brings security and
encryption improvements and enables integration with Microsoft Windows
SharePoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Office Outlook 2007."

So that article sees ACE as just the newest version of Jet.

Curious about that last point ("enables integration with ... Microsoft
Office Outlook 2007"). I've always integrated Outlook with Access using
Automation. What is different about that with ACE?

Thanks.

Albert D. Kallal

"Neil" wrote in message
So that article sees ACE as just the newest version of Jet.

Curious about that last point ("enables integration with ... Microsoft
Office Outlook 2007"). I've always integrated Outlook with Access using
Automation. What is different about that with ACE?

Hum, in regards to outlook? Gee, I don't know?

You can use the new "email" data collection feature in Access to send out
emails to people.
When the email comes back to into outlook, then the data can be automatic
entered into Access.
(any email client, even hotmail can fill out the data form, and return the
form to Access, but you
need outlook to process the incoming emails and automatic push data into
Access).

You can also with the new export + import wizard to create a import/export.
These can THEN be scheduled to run via a Outlook task/appointment.

However, for all of these features I did not this this was occurring at the
engine level or had anything to do with ACE.

You can also fire off a email at the table trigger level by using sendmail
with a data macro. Again I assumed that was same as sendobject in Access and
not specific to outlook.
I could be wrong in that some of these features may very well have required
some features to be added to ACE that allows the email gathering and a few
other features that were recent added to Access in regards to working with
outlook. I thought the new Outlook features in Access were restricted to
Access, but the above suggests some changes to ACE may have occurred for
these new outlook features.