    support about critical update failure.
    --
    Old Rebel: Too Old to Rebel; Too Young to just take it!

    Guest, Feb 14, 2006

    Kevin Bean Guest

    "Old Rebel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Not only did the install of Defender get screwed up, one of my 5 updates
    > for
    > Windos Xp failed to download/install (KB913446-error code 0x80242006). I
    > tried the online support email request but that system failed due to
    > "unknown
    > errorr." I need help from somebody who knows how I can contact Mircrosoft
    > support about critical update failure.
    > --
    > Old Rebel: Too Old to Rebel; Too Young to just take it!

    There is a general problem with KB913446, use the following:

    Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...74-C37B-472B-BB10-71D4680680A7&displaylang=en

    Kevin Bean, Feb 14, 2006

    Manual download installed fine off line. That may be the problem with on line
    installation as it replaces tcpip.sys

    Guest, Feb 15, 2006
  4. This one is known to Microsoft. Please go here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS06-007.mspx

    and select the OS link appropriate to your version of Windows.

    Manually download and install the update--it should go just fine.

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 15, 2006

    Thank you gents. I downloaded the installer and it installed ok offline.

    Guest, Feb 15, 2006