Confused about Error 103

I just posted a request for help under the General
discussions list, but decided to post in the Install
area as well.

I just installed Antispyware on an XP Home machine. When
I try to execute the program, I receive a critical error
103. I have tried to reinstall, update and everything
else, but to no avail. Microsoft does not mention this
on their website (I can't find it anyway).

Does anyone know what this error is all about?

Thanks.

B

Bill Sanderson

Here's what the "known issues" section of Help for build .509 has to say about this error:

* If you see a dialog box with the following message after you start your computer or when you start Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware, you need to repair or reinstall Windows AntiSpyware. The following message can also refer to Error 102 or Error 103:

Warning: Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware has encountered a critical error (Error 101). Please restart Windows AntiSpyware and run the program again. If you continue to experience this problem, please uninstall the program and install the most recent version of Windows AntiSpyware. You can use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to uninstall this version of Windows AntiSpyware.

You can repair Windows AntiSpyware using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel. Click Microsoft AntiSpyware and click Change. Click Next, and then click Update.

If you see the critical error message again, uninstall Windows AntiSpyware and reinstall it. To do this, use Add or Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel. Click Microsoft AntiSpyware and click Remove. You can reinstall Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware at www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software

Ask a Question