    anyway of doing this in Outlook or Outlook Express.

    Any thoughts?

    , Aug 13, 2004

  2. rmbojo Guest

    wrote:
    > *Does anyone know if this is possible. When I had Novell
    > Groupwise, you could give or be given proxy to someone
    > else's calendar, e-mail and contacts. I haven't seen
    > anyway of doing this in Outlook or Outlook Express.
    >
    > Any thoughts? *

    Hi stolt,
    Here the steps:
    1. Go to the properties of the account that need to "proxy"
    2. select Exchange advanced, mailbox rights, add the account you wis
    to be able to have a proxy access, give appropriate access, Ok
    3. Select Exchange General, select delivery options, add the account i
    steps no.2
    4. Ok
    5. In Outlook client, Go to tools, email accounts, Next, change, mor
    settings, advanced, add the account that you want to "proxy".
    6. done

    -
    rmboj

    rmbojo, Aug 14, 2004

  3. Groupwise is a mail/groupware server - the MS equivalent is Exchange server.
    Without a server, you can't really do this easily....Outlook/Outlook Express
    are just clients. If you don't have an Exchange server, you may want to see
    http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm (for Outlook - not OE). If you
    have an exchange server, it's easy...

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Aug 14, 2004
  4. Guest Guest

    Your solution sounds like you already need an exchange
    server. We are in the planning stages of making a shared
    calendar. Is the exchange server the best way to go or
    could we maybe load Outlook onto our present server and
    all utilize from the server. I'm not the computer guru at
    my office, merely doing investigation into the best
    method. Any suggests or advice you'd like pass along?

    Guest, Aug 16, 2004
  5. Guest Guest

    Your solution sounds like you already need an exchange
    server. We are in the planning stages of making a shared
    calendar. Is the exchange server the best way to go or
    could we maybe load Outlook onto our present server and
    all utilize from the server. I'm not the computer guru at
    my office, merely doing investigation into the best
    method. Any suggests or advice you'd like pass along?

    account you wish
    >to be able to have a proxy access, give appropriate

    access, Ok
    >3. Select Exchange General, select delivery options, add

    the account in
    >steps no.2
    >4. Ok
    >5. In Outlook client, Go to tools, email accounts, Next,

    change, more

    --------------

    Guest, Aug 16, 2004
  6. wrote:
    > Your solution sounds like you already need an exchange
    > server.

    Well, there's no built-in way to do this without a mail/groupware server.

    > We are in the planning stages of making a shared
    > calendar. Is the exchange server the best way to go or
    > could we maybe load Outlook onto our present server and
    > all utilize from the server.

    No....only one user per PST at a time, and MS doesn't support accessing PST
    files across a LAN/WAN connection - and you shouldn't install workstation
    software on a server anyway (not that it would solve this).

    > I'm not the computer guru at
    > my office, merely doing investigation into the best
    > method. Any suggests or advice you'd like pass along?

    If Exchange is overkill, check out the slipstick link I posted.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Aug 17, 2004