    discovered a workaround?
    Best regards
    Loane

    Loane Sharp, Jul 3, 2005

  2. Loane Sharp

    plun Guest

    Hi

    MSAS and Counterspy are twins with exactly the same functions

    Sunbelt bought a license from Giant, MS bought Giant so
    these programs are equal.

    Except that Counterspy also removes Claria................

    So if you already paid for Counterspy, uninstall MSAS.
    Or choose one of them.

    --
    plun

    It happens that Loane Sharp formulated :

    plun, Jul 3, 2005

  3. Loane Sharp

    Mikolaj Guest

    > Hi there
    > CounterSpy (v. ) and the latest Windows Antispyware Beta
    > (v. 1.0.614) don't seem to coexist very well. In
    > particular WAS can't detect my Internet connection. If I
    > uninstall CounterSpy, or if I revert to the earlier WAS,
    > all works OK. Has anyone detected a similar problem, and
    > discovered a workaround?
    > Best regards
    > Loane

    Someone however here on the newsgorup posted an info, that this works OK
    until the uninstall time: when goes to uninstall, then both apps should be
    uninstalled together.

    --
    Pozdrawiam serdecznie / Kind regards
    Mikolaj Kaminski

    Mikolaj, Jul 4, 2005
  4. Loane Sharp

    plun Guest

    Mikolaj presented the following explanation :
    > Someone however here on the newsgorup posted an info, that this works OK
    > until the uninstall time: when goes to uninstall, then both apps should be
    > uninstalled together.

    Hi Mikolaj

    I have switched to Counterspy for a while beacuse of Claria
    and why should a user install both of these identical apps ?

    A lot about this within Counterspys FAQ.
    http://www.sunbelt-software.com/CounterSpy-FAQ.cfm

    Counterspy using MS definitions and their owns. :)

    And I now see a fully working app ! Also the "inculate" function which
    is a
    smart invention.

    --
    plun

    plun, Jul 4, 2005
  5. Loane Sharp

    plun Guest

    on 2005-07-04, plun supposed :
    > I have switched to Counterspy for a while beacuse of Claria
    > and why should a user install both of these identical apps ?

    To make it clear with "switched", MSAS is uninstalled until
    Mr Ballmer has sort out this mess out about Claria and
    trustworthy computing.

    :'(

    --
    plun

    plun, Jul 4, 2005
  6. Loane Sharp

    Mikolaj Guest

    > To make it clear with "switched", MSAS is uninstalled until
    > Mr Ballmer has sort out this mess out about Claria and
    > trustworthy computing.
    >
    > :'(
    >
    > --
    > plun

    Hi plun,

    And how you will now provide support, without MSAS installed? ;-P

    That's a shame on you that you have decided to make an "organized withdrawal
    to the predetermined positions" in the face of such small, inconvenient
    enemy as Claria or MSAS bugs ;-P

    Back to the positions and keep the lines, lieutenant ;-D

    Mikolaj, Jul 4, 2005
  7. Loane Sharp

    plun Guest

    It happens that Mikolaj formulated :
    > And how you will now provide support, without MSAS installed? ;-P
    >
    > That's a shame on you that you have decided to make an "organized withdrawal
    > to the predetermined positions" in the face of such small, inconvenient enemy
    > as Claria or MSAS bugs ;-P
    >
    > Back to the positions and keep the lines, lieutenant ;-D

    No this was enough after some discussions with other users
    with high principles about this.

    I am deserting and goes behind enemy lines......... :')

    :'(

    --
    plun

    plun, Jul 4, 2005
  8. Loane Sharp

    Mikolaj Guest

    > I am deserting and goes behind enemy lines......... :')
    >
    > :'(
    >
    > --
    > plun

    The Judge: "plun, you are charged with desertion..
    In the name of her Majesty, you will be taken from this court and hung
    (right in the middle of countless spyware threats), drawn (by adware
    temptations) and quartered (by malware applications)..
    What are your last words, accused ?"

    ;-D

    Mikolaj, Jul 4, 2005
  9. Loane Sharp

    plun Guest

    Hi Mikolaj

    Well, I do believe that the General for this
    operation is not trustworthy so I join the
    group with Donna (probably not an MVP next year)
    Eric L Howes and all other users within spyware
    communitys which really believes this is sick.

    Probably also the MSAS team dislikes this order
    from General Ballmer...............

    --
    plun

    plun, Jul 5, 2005
  10. "plun" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Mikolaj
    >
    > Well, I do believe that the General for this
    > operation is not trustworthy so I join the
    > group with Donna (probably not an MVP next year)
    > Eric L Howes and all other users within spyware
    > communitys which really believes this is sick.
    >
    > Probably also the MSAS team dislikes this order
    > from General Ballmer...............

    plun,

    Why not wait until you see what developes? It isn't a done deal and
    you would be missed here.

    Bob Vanderveen

    Anonymous Bob, Jul 5, 2005
  11. Loane Sharp

    Mikolaj Guest

    > plun,
    >
    > Why not wait until you see what developes? It isn't a done deal and
    > you would be missed here.
    >
    > Bob Vanderveen

    Hi plun,

    Listen to reason :)

    Besides - MSAS is still in the proces of developement. I know, that everyone
    wants to have the system protected, but this can be achieved using MSAS plus
    few others anti-tank ;-) apps. And keeping with the MSAS, I hope, serves to
    make this app good not only for you or me, but to all those millions who
    downloaded it.. It's up to you, of course :)
    But I'll keep the line :)

    Mikolaj, Jul 6, 2005
  12. Loane Sharp

    Mikolaj Guest

    Hi again plun,

    please take a look at this news:017201c58153$0b98d040$ what
    AndyManchesta has written..

    Mikolaj, Jul 6, 2005
  13. That function was part of the Giant product. I suspect there are good
    reasons for removing it.

    Bill Sanderson, Jul 7, 2005

  14. >-----Original Message-----
    >Hi there
    >CounterSpy (v. ) and the latest Windows Antispyware Beta
    >(v. 1.0.614) don't seem to coexist very well. In
    >particular WAS can't detect my Internet connection. If I
    >uninstall CounterSpy, or if I revert to the earlier WAS,
    >all works OK. Has anyone detected a similar problem, and
    >discovered a workaround?
    >Best regards
    >Loane
    >.
    >Loane,

    I have the same problem as you describe with Counterspy.
    I have not found however a workaround.

    Bill

    Bill Enloe III, Jul 8, 2005
  15. My understanding is that an update install of Microsoft Antispyware should
    fix issues in that app. subsequent to installing CounterSpy. I don't know
    about issues upon uninstall.

    Bill Sanderson, Jul 9, 2005
  16. The beta 1.5 version of CounterSpy resolves this issue. To test it, go to
    http://beta.sunbelt-software.com and register for the beta.

    Alex Eckelberry
    President, Sunbelt Software

    Alex Eckelberry, Jul 12, 2005