Connecting to pop servers error

Need help with pop server error

Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR not supported 32pf2864792wfc.19', Port: 995, Secure(SSL):
Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

How do I fix this?

Peter Foldes

You don't.. Call any ISP of your choice and set up an account

--
Peter

"Need help with pop server error" <Need help with pop server
news:[email protected]...

Gary VanderMolen

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Uncheck the box for "Log on using Secure Password Authentication."

Gary VanderMolen

Don't keep your error message a secret.
Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

Estrella Roznerski

I just set up my email account and error message keeps on coming up how do I
fix it below are the copy of the error messages.
The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
server name correctly.
Subject 're:test', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
server name correctly.
Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL):
No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Please help.....

"Need help with pop server error" <Need help with pop server
news:[email protected]...

Dave

"SMTP" and "POP3" are not the correct server names.
Your email account provider should have a help page on their website with
the correct names and settings.
If you tell us who your email provider is, perhaps someone can help.