Access "Connected with internet access" but i cant access internet

Reaction score
Ok, ive got a hp mini, running win xp. when i first turn it on i have access to the internet, but only for about 10seconds then i cant access it any more.
Facts;
Its connected to the network 'with internet connection'

Other computers on the network have access to the internet and are working fine.

I ran winsock fix, with no results.

Ip and dns settings are both set to automatic

Any sugestions?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
any info on the network connection? Hardwired or wireless?

Is your firewall on?

Try this:
Start>Run>CMD>OK>type netsh_int_ip_reset_resetlog.txt (underscores are spaces)>press Enter

There will be a blank line and then back to the command prompt. Type Exit and press enter. This will close the CMD box.

The command rebuilds the TCP/IP stack in XP and later versions of Windows.

Another item of interest are network card drivers. Try updating those as well. Perhaps they have become corrupt or disabled.

Check your router to see if there have been any provisions for blocking data from this machine. It is not impossible to gain access to your router by someone other than yourself. Hacked wireless signals and insecure access to the router could lead to issues such as this.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help man, all it was in the end was i mad the ip address for that computer static and that fixed it?? I dont know why but it just did... What would that mean? is it because of windows xp?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
are all your other machines statically set? Maybe DHCP is turned off on your router. That would be my first guess.

Reaction score
i also have another question, I am running Ubuntu 11.04 off a usb drive, but i am unable to access the wireless internet. It displays the drivers that need to be installed, but always fails to install them. I am connected to the internet via Bluetooth but am unable to get the wireless drivers to install. How do i go about getting it to work? ive tried 2 different versions of ubuntu still to no avail.

Ask a Question