Connected to internet but not able to browse or update

Sythic

heyy..i m having this problem on my hp laptop for couple of days now
the problem is my network tab shows that i m connected to internet bu
when i try opening a site it displays a msg sayin the site cannot b
opened or u are not connected to internet or please check the addres
you have typed.Internet connects fine on my other desktop..but i can
browse while being connected to internet through my laptop...even whe
i try updating my antivirus it says cannot connect to server. i trie
pinging on IP4 but it displays 1231 error code..recieved packages bein
zero n 100% loss... i cant understand y its not happening even though
m connected to internet...

The problem i reckon started when my isp changed the ip address t
dynamic settin..ie get my ip addr automatically..i did tht too..both o
my laptop n desktop..desktop can connect but laptop cant. i di
ipconfig/El reset n everything but doesnt work..

I talked with my isp admin..they say i m connected to interne
according to them..which i no as i can c i m connected to internet.

can anyone pls help me on this issue.. i have scanned restored
changed the settings.. but problem still persists..The operating syste
on my laptop is vista n on my desktop is XP.

Please help.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
How are you connected to the Internet?
Do you have a Router, or you are connected directly to the Modem.
Check the TCP/IP setting it might be that there is No DNS configuration if
you are not on Auto Obtain.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

Sythic

Jack said:
Hi
How are you connected to the Internet?
Do you have a Router, or you are connected directly to the Modem.
Check the TCP/IP setting it might be that there is No DNS configuratio
if
you are not on Auto Obtain.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Sythic" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

heyy..i m having this problem on my hp laptop for couple of days now.
the problem is my network tab shows that i m connected to interne
but
when i try opening a site it displays a msg sayin the site cannot be
opened or u are not connected to internet or please check the address
you have typed.Internet connects fine on my other desktop..but i cant
browse while being connected to internet through my laptop...eve
when
i try updating my antivirus it says cannot connect to server. i tried
pinging on IP4 but it displays 1231 error code..recieved package
being
zero n 100% loss... i cant understand y its not happening even thoug
m connected to internet...

The problem i reckon started when my isp changed the ip address to
dynamic settin..ie get my ip addr automatically..i did tht too..bot
on
my laptop n desktop..desktop can connect but laptop cant. i did
ipconfig/El reset n everything but doesnt work..

I talked with my isp admin..they say i m connected to internet
according to them..which i no as i can c i m connected to internet.

can anyone pls help me on this issue.. i have scanned restored n
changed the settings.. but problem still persists..The operatin
system
on my laptop is vista n on my desktop is XP.

Please help..

no jack..settings and everything are fine. I've put it it auto update.
both dns n ip..doesn't work..i manually also gave values for both afte
confirming it with my isp but no avail. i m connected directly to th
modem. is there any ray of light?? i m not able to guess wut is causin
such a problem. can it be isp sided...as if they restrict the connectio
to just one computer. i asked them but they dint wanna divulge th
information. wut do u think