Conditional Formatting (Lebans)

de Vroede

Hi,

I've seen several post going by referring to the lebans website and the
conditional formatting sample db. It looks really interesting, but as I
am just a newbie in access programming I don't really understand the
code and how I could get it to work in my own database. I am building a
hardware inventory DB where I show the hardware linked to a user in a
continuous (sub) form. I would like the record to turn red if a memo
field (repair field, so it is quickly noticed if a computer has a
repair history) has a value. I've imported the modules and classes but
I cannot figure out on how to make this work.

I'm using access 2000.

regards,

Jeroen

Stephen Lebans

You don't need the code examples on my site to accomplish your task. Just
use Conditional Formatting from the Format menu in form Design view.

In Design view, select the desired TextBox control. Select the Conditional
Formatting option in the Format menu. Follow the instructions below.

Here's a relevant post from Rick.

From: Rick B - view profile
Date: Wed, Jul 19 2006 10:05 am
Email: "Rick B" <Anonymous>
Groups: microsoft.public.access.forms
Not yet ratedRating:
show options
original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Well, nothing is "equal to null". But is you want to format a field that is
null in a certain way, just use IsNull.

Set the first dropdown to "Expression Is"

In the second field, enter your expression. Something like:

IsNull([YourFieldName])

Then tell it how you want null values formatted.

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans