    To open the file, copy it to your machine or an accessible network location.

    Not sure how to resolve this since it already IS on my machine. Any ideas
    on how to get around this?

    Tara, Jun 3, 2010

  2. Tara

    Gina Whipp Guest

    Tara,

    Sounds like you are opening it in Access 2007 with means the database must
    be placed in a Trusted Location OR you’re my Documents folder. Is that the
    case? (http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TrustedLocation.htm) Of
    not, please post additional details.

    --
    Gina Whipp
    2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

    READ ME: These newgroups will be closing sometime in June. Questions
    regarding Access can be posted here...
    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/threads?

    "Tara" <> wrote in message
    I've dowloaded Steven Lebans MouseWheelOff sample db in hopes of using the
    code in my db. However, when I try to open it, Access gives the following
    message:

    Microsoft Access cannot open this file.

    This file is located outside your intranet or on an untrused site.
    Microsoft Access will not open the file due to potential security problems.

    Gina Whipp, Jun 3, 2010

  3. Tara

    Tara Guest

    Thanks for reponding Gina. Actually, I'm using Access 2000. Not sure what
    other info I can provide...

    I downloaded it and extracted it to a folder on my C:/ drive.

    Tara, Jun 3, 2010
  4. Tara

    Gina Whipp Guest

    Tara,

    I forget, does Access 2000 have Macro Security? If yes it will be located
    under Tools and you will need to set that to Low.

    --
    Gina Whipp
    2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

    READ ME: These newgroups will be closing June 1st. Questions regarding

    Gina Whipp, Jun 4, 2010