Computer is utterly ruined help

Reaction score
I will turn on my computer and within 1minute a warning will come up noting that "This file e.g. ipodexe is corrupt. Click to run antivirus software' after this warning comes up my computer will just freeze and i am unable to do anything. When i log in there is a new small icon in the bottom right of my computer saying i have a virus.
I have run AVG and it says there is no virus on my computer.

Is there anything i can do?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sounds like some for of malware trying to scare you into buying its software. Its called Scareware or Ransomware.

Download and install MalwareBytes anti malware. and undate it and run it (Full scan). See what it finds

Spyware sction here - https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2697599.php

:)

Reaction score
It's a good idea to run it in Safemode. As it may find that Malware and it may or may not delete since it is being used.

Type "msconfig" and go into "Startup" to see any malicious software starting up. (if you do not know what is "good" or "bad software starting up, Yahoo! it :)

Deleting your Files/Folders in your Temp folder is a great idea too.The Temp folder is located in, "C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Local Settings\Temp" . Especially since 80% of Spyware is located there.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
I bet you this is the new Antivirus 2011 software. I have seen four different flavors of it this year alone.

http://download.cnet.com/RKill/3000-8022_4-11464676.html

This link takes you to a download page for a program called RKILL.EXE

This program is the only thing that will stop this type of application from running. However, you have to do it in Safe Mode with Networking Windows for it to work. In normal mode, the application is just blocked with the same message as OP referenced.

Once you do that, download and install Malware Bytes. (it was recommended by the author of the rkill app. I imagine that any malware scanner could catch it.)

Running a scan, by itself, in normal mode or Safe Mode will not get rid of it. Safe Mode scan without RKILL will not pick up anything.

Reaction score
Sounds like some form of virus, spyware and malware trying to scare you into buying its software. Download and install antivirus or MalwareBytes anti malware. And update it and run it (Full scan). See what it finds
There are many types of viruses available such as malware, spyware, Trojans and many more. A virus is an unwanted program that runs on the computer without the consent of users. A virus attack can lead to improper function and decrease in the computer performance. Many organizations have launched different antivirus program, which prevents the computer from virus attacks.
You may perform the following steps:
1. Check for recently installed software or hardware.
If the lockups started to happen after you installed a new peace of hardware, new software program, or new drivers, uninstall it and see if the problem goes away.
2. Run your antivirus program.

In much the same way, anti-virus is essential to defend your PC from online threats. The internet is a source of all sorts of virus threats. Each new virus is more dangerous than the previous one because it is designed as an anti-dote for the latest version of anti-virus. The malicious programmers are expert in their work too. In order to safeguard your PC against such threats, you need to install a good anti-virus, configure the online virus scanner and update it regularly.

There are some popular antivirus programs like this:
1. Mcafee
2. AVG
3. Norton
4. Avira
5. Kaspersky
6. Panda
7. Avast
All of the above antivirus programs work on the same principle. Suppose that when a virus attack on your computer a virus scanner, basically, then recognizes the virus definitions after the role of an antivirus program that blocks the virus. Therefore, it is essential to update antivirus software regularly; otherwise an antivirus does not recognize the virus definitions.

Many organizations are providing technical support for anti-virus support. Vendor technical support in general, offers virus removal with the aid of remote desktop support. A technician takes remote control of the computer user's permission. A technician can take appropriate steps troubleshooting support to provide antivirus and computer security

Tech support services:

• 24/7x365 tech support.
• Complete reliability and security of your data.
• Cost effective rates to fix any PC r issues.
• Tech experts are skilled enough to ensure tech support on PC and other peripherals.
• Different virus scans are performed for any Antivirus Support related issues.
• A free Computer diagnosis is done.

For more information, please click here.
Spam link removed - Sir Flops

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
It does not sound like MS Antivirus 2011 virus as it stops all antivirus applications from running I know as I have just had to rebuild my PC after an infection. It also stops you from installing any security software like Superantispy, Malwarebytes or any other security software I know I have tried. I was left with the only thing and that was to complete format re install a clean edition Windows 7 and install a back up before the date of infection. Install a good paid for Internet Security my preference was G Data as they allow you a free 30 trial of the full edition, but there many good ones such as Mcafee, Norton, but the best thing read the independent reviews first to insure that you are getting the best one for what you do and what you can afford. The trouble with the free ones is that are limited in the resources and catch rate of mailware and viruses, in one review one of the free ones only caught 80% of the test sample ov mailware and viruses. I was running Microsoft Security Essentials and it did not my infection. Having said that all security software is always running behind the new viruses so often it is catch up with the blighters.

Reaction score
For what it is worth, backup your data, set restore points, and other proactive elements ate invaluable.
Stoneboysteve

Ask a Question