clueless

G

Hi all,
I'm trying to put together a desktop and having this beeping problem I couldn't figure out yet.
Every time I boot or restart the computer up it gives me 3 shorts beep and one long beeps (different order from what the motherboard manual says)
then it does that again right at "Verifying DMI Pool Data...." the screen blinking serveral times as it does that then it boot up normally.
According to the manual, it says the video card or video card memory is the problem, but in my case I still see things on the monitor, and every thing work pefectly except the beepings.
Please help me out. Thanks,
Here is my computer configuration:
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Athlon 3000 333Mhz
2 Kinston DDR 3200 400Mhz
PCI nVidia GeForce 100/200MX
120G Maxtor Hard drive ATA/133

P

Pete Gray

Hi all,
I'm trying to put together a desktop and having this beeping problem I couldn't figure out yet.
Every time I boot or restart the computer up it gives me 3 shorts beep and one long beeps (different order from what the motherboard manual says)
then it does that again right at "Verifying DMI Pool Data...." the screen blinking serveral times as it does that then it boot up normally.
According to the manual, it says the video card or video card memory is the problem, but in my case I still see things on the monitor, and every thing work pefectly except the beepings.
Please help me out. Thanks,
Here is my computer configuration:
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Athlon 3000 333Mhz
2 Kinston DDR 3200 400Mhz
PCI nVidia GeForce 100/200MX
120G Maxtor Hard drive ATA/133
Try pulling out and reseating your video card, and you could also try
it in a different slot.

Pete

T

ToLoc

Thanks!
It turned out the Maxtor ATA\133 120Gb was the problem. I changed it
with WD ATA\100 80Gb and the beeping went away. Don't know what wrong
with the hard drive. Could someone give me some ideas?

Ask a Question