Client and Server - Listen por packets in a specific port trhu UDP

Marcelo

_____

From: Marcelo [mailto:[email protected]]
Posted At: Friday, September 30, 2005 1:40 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
Conversation:
Subject: Client and Server - Listen por packets in a specific port trhu
UDP

Hi guys;

I need to create a program that listen in a specific port for packets
sent from a client thru UDP?

How do I create that client and server program?

Any example?

Thanks

Marcelo

m.posseth

well that is pretty easy

Imports System.Net.Sockets

Private UDP_Client As New UdpClient

and use the required methods

listen for incoming data ( ofcourse in a seperate thread )

DData = UDP_Client.Receive(RemoteIpEndPoint)

to send data

UDP_Client.Send(Me._Info, Me._Info.Length, EndPoint)

regards

i do have a working example on how to do this if you are interested , we
have to discuss how to get it to you

regrds

Michel posseth [MCP]