clicking email contact won't open contact form

Reaction score
Hi - I've set up a new pst folder in PC for outlook 2007 but in the process have lost some functionality.

I used to receive an email from A.Person and I would double click on their name in the email From field and it would open up the contact form for A. Person. This no longer happens, now when I double click their name it opens up a small dialog box and gives me the option to Add To Contacts. But I don't want to add to contacts as they are already in there.

It like the link has been broken.

Can anyone assist please?

Reaction score
Hi - I still have this problem, can't find a resolution so if anyone can assist I would appreciate it.

I actually migrated email over to google apps mail, and copies of the emails still sit in my local pst folder to be used in Outlook, from where I work 95% of the time (synchronizing when I send/receive). I've read that migrating email breaks the contact links, which is confirmed as when I double click on the email "To:" name in one of my sent emails it won't open up the contact form for that saved contact, but when I click on the "To:" field in my archived emails (which haven't been migrated) it will open up the contact form for the saved contact in outlook.

I may have to accept this as a side effect of using google apps. However, if I have a contact form open, and click on email contact from within the contact form, and send the email, the link is broken...ie. if I double click on the "To:" field in the sent email it does not re-open up the contact form from where I have just sent the email, instead it opens up a dialog box with the option to add to contacts. But - if I compose a new email from my inbox and enter the same "To:" name - check name, and send email. And then open up the sent email and double click on the "To:" name it will open up the contact form.

My aim is have outlook always open up the contact form if I double click the name in the email of "To:" of "From:" contact if I have that contact already saved in outlook. Any advice greatly received. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ask a Question