Cisco Routers

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanzx for reading.

This is about routing.
I'm setting up a lab for my class,with my teacher. The routers are all cisco(1700,2250). My teacher used to work for cisco, but we still cannot get this thing to work.

routers are connected as shown,
Ip addresses are listed by corresponding interface. all subnets are default for thier class.
router.gif

we can telnet from A>B and then even into>C so general tranmission is fine.

Addressing could be our problem, but we need the ethernet on the same network, as the server on 'plattsburgh' is hosting DHCP.

We're using RIP routing, and cannot make a trace hop count tthrough any router.

heres what we CAN do;
ping from a computer on 'peru's switch(e0) to 'peru' router E0., but not S1
ping from a computer on 'kessevville'(eo) to 'keeseville' router E0., but not S1
ping from 'peru' router to 'plattsburgh' S0, but not s1,or e1(via console cable)
ping from 'keeseville' to 'plattsburgh' S1, but not s0,or e1(via console cable)
*both those work backwards aswell from within 'plattsburgh'

HOwever we can not:
ping 'keeseville' router from 'peru' router or vica-versa
ping from 'plattsburgh' router to either ethernet port on other routers, only its own

So, why cant we make the hops. Trace route works the same, no such inquiries make it through the routers interior, but only between the groups.

Reaction score
ok guys, crap shoot....anything you got ill take

if you know how to static route, let me know

Reaction score
Not wanting to direct people away from PCReview but this is stuff relating to the CCNA, many technicians should know this and you may want to post this up in a few WebHost Forums, as they'll have more CCNA knowledge than your general folk here, except a member called Techy, i recall him having something like a CCNA or was it a MCSE :/

http://www.forum2.co.uk
http://www.webhostingtalk.com

Post the same thing up on them forums, might prove a little quicker to get a answer.

If you do get an answer, please do share it with us though, as i'll be going for my CCNA course in the next few months so could prove helpful.

Chris

Ask a Question