cdplayer question

Jeremy Poynton

After installing and uninstalling a different cdplayer to the standard w2k
issue, I get this error message box each time I play a new CD

"Access to the specified device, path or file, is denied"

The action linked with the .cda file type is

C:\WINNT\system32\cdplayer.exe -play "%1"

The registry entries are

hkcr\applications\cdplayer.exe\shell\open\command
C:\WINNT\system32\cdplayer.exe "%1"

&

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cdafile]
@="CD Audio Track"
"EditFlags"=dword:00010000
"MPlayer2.BAK"="CD Audio Track"
"FriendlyTypeName"="@C:\\WINNT\\inf\\unregmp2.exe,-9918"
"BrowserFlags"=dword:00000008
"AlwaysShowExt"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cdafile\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\WINNT\\system32\\cdplayer.exe,12"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cdafile\EditFlags]
@="_H_00010000"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cdafile\shell]
@="play"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cdafile\shell\play]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cdafile\shell\play\command]
@="C:\\WINNT\\system32\\cdplayer.exe -play \"%1\""

I assume that it is something here that is causing the error message.

Any thoughts, anyone ?

TIA
Jeremy Poynton
Remove REMOVE THIS to email me

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "Jeremy Poynton" <[email protected]>
Subject: cdplayer question
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:00:25 -0000
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general

--

Jeremy,

The entries under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cdafile and sub-keys look okay. I see the Default value for
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cda as cdafile. Under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\applications\cdplayer.exe I have a Default
value that is not set and a NoOpenWith value that is empy. I have no sub-keys under this key yet you are showing the sub-
keys shell\open\command with a value of C:\WINNT\system32\cdplayer.exe "%1".

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.