Car running costs?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Passed driving test this morning :) :) first time lucky!!

Clean sheet on driving, 3 minors on reversing :) :)

Well happy

Hey, well done, really pleased for you :)

That's gonna open up a whole new world for you.

But, sorry to sound old farty, but be careful, you really don't know everything yet, it'll come with experience.

I well remember driving at 17 after passing my test and having a few near misses, so just take it easy for now ;)

And good luck to you as well Ian :)

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Grrr, I'm so envyous of you all.

I'm 24 now and still have no liscence, I do have a nice 125cc scooter to run me everywhere though.

Must get car test sorted for this summer though, caus having to get the train to University in Lincoln everyday is driving me up the wall.

Congrats on your test Chris, and good luck to Ian

Reaction score
C_O_G_R_A_T_U_L_A_T_I_O_N_S M_Y S_O_N :)

I wish u safe and happy driving for life!

Reaction score
Haha... just been re reading this...

A hundred miles? Thats 5,000 now!

I have just bought some new shoes for my car... i'll post a pic when she has them on.

They aren't chav :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Whoops I forgot to update the thread! No car yet I'm afraid chris, not until I finish uni and get a full time job anyway, its too expensive to run :( I'd like to go for a Yarris though, as they are group 1 insurance and really good mpg :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Sounds good :)

No fun to drive though :(
To save £1000 on car insurance I'd drive a shoebox with wheels ;) As long as its cheap and cheerful I don't mind really, I'm only using it for commuting, shopping etc...

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
depends where and how you drive ;)

Iv'e never driven one but i wouldnt like to try driving a Yaris as hard as a golf or 306...

But Ian - i see your point... i pay £1500 a year on insurance... and its not easy to pay off!

Reaction score
Yo boys, I couldn't live without a car, but then again I live to pay for it.

For me a car is not just my mode of transport, I LOVE TO DRIVE. And I Love to drive fast. Currently I'm driving a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon. Not a very well rated car in terms of speed, its been reported that the 0-60mph in 7.8 seconds. I don't believe that, they must have a Grandma driving and automatic who forgot to drop the E-Brake. (I drive a 5 speed manual and am doing 80mph in 3rd gear. I want to adjust the 0-60 to about 6.5-6.9 ... and the only mods so far are lowered suspension and a cold air intake)

Whatever this is not my import forum....lets talk pricing,
Car- $8,500.00 ($230.00 a month)
Insurance- $4,000.00 (anually) 10 payments $400.00 a month
Gas- $10.00 a week .....$40.00 a month
Toll- $5.00 a week .... $20.00 a month
Misc- $5.00 a month ..... there are a million "hidden" costs, occasional car wash, air freshner, reapair/maintanace, windshield washer fluid, new wipers, etc.

Making my car a wopping $695.00 monthly.........ooh it hurts the wallet soo bad :( :mad: :blush:

Being that I take home about $1400.00 monthly its half the money I make. But I have lots of fun to compensate, driving about 110mph to work, wheeeeee!!! Doubt me, I'll have someone take a pic of the speedometer on day.

Later, good luck and I do hope you at least drive occasionly even if you don't buy a car. Its a skill worth having.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
haha, check out this one : "A Reg RELIANT ROBIN trotters independant traders" on that list ;)

Reaction score
no way!
that car is for sale?

i have seen it and i was told that they used 8 or 9 different models for the casting of ofah!

but at that price im quite shocked!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
psd99 said:
no way!
that car is for sale?

i have seen it and i was told that they used 8 or 9 different models for the casting of ofah!

but at that price im quite shocked!

theres one not to far from where i live

Ask a Question