can't send e-mail using contact list

Douglas

I am unable to send email when using my contact list or when I type in the
address. I am able to reply to recieved messages.
My provider is ATT Yahoo.
I am running Vista.
The message I recieve is,
Sorry, I couldn't find any host named aol.com?. (#5.1.2)

Gary VanderMolen

Is that the whole error message? Seems like there should be a little more
to it. Is that in a received bounce (non-delivery) notice, or is it part of an
error you get immediately from Windows Mail when attempting to send?

mac

Douglas said:
I am unable to send email when using my contact list or when I type in the
address. I am able to reply to recieved messages.
My provider is ATT Yahoo.
I am running Vista.
The message I recieve is,
Sorry, I couldn't find any host named aol.com?. (#5.1.2)

Thank you for providing part of the error message.

Please try again, but this time copy and paste the complete error message.

mac

Douglas

Here is the whole message.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.

From: "Doug Doyal" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected] >
Subject: Mark
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:49:19 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C96078.2B397E60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just wanted to make sure you have my =
new e-mail=20
address. <A =
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If there is anything I can do please =
let me=20
know.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Doug</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C96078.2B397E60--

Douglas

It is a recieved bounce (non-delivery) notice.

Gary VanderMolen said:
Is that the whole error message? Seems like there should be a little more
to it. Is that in a received bounce (non-delivery) notice, or is it part of an
error you get immediately from Windows Mail when attempting to send?

Gary VanderMolen

Looks like that email address has a space character at the end. Remove it.