Outlook Can't save to Microsoft Outlook Calendar/Address Book

Reaction score
I have Outlook 2003. It is no longer saving calendar items or items in the address book in the secondary tabs (like birthdays)...I get an error message "cannot save item."

Does anyone know what to do with this?

Thanks,
SuzyAZ

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Just tried with My Outlook 2003 and its fine - is it fully up to date regarding Office Updates etc?

Reaction score
i will have to check.. but it was working fine till day before yesterday.. all of a sudden... i am unable to save anything on my calender.. nor does the alarm pop up come.. could the reason just be updates??

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hard to say - there may have been a Windows update thats borked it, or maybe some spyware or just about anything to be honest.

I've read that sometimes it can be caused by having 2 instances of Outlook running in Task Manager - maybe have a look and kill one if so, or maybe even kill if just one and see what happens.

Other than that I have no other suggestions other than re-installing I'm afraid.

Reaction score
Well... I hope I dont have to re install.. will try goin through the procedure u told.. lets c.. will let u know if i manage to solve the issue..
cheers...

Ask a Question