"Can't run a 16-bit windows program error on XP

Linda Miller

When ever I try to run a game like ,Hyperbowl, which is
for XP, I get a "Can't run a 16-bit Windows program. It
also says cannot find file C:\Hyper
Entertainment\hyperbowl arcade edition\hyperbowl.exe(or
one of its components).Check to ensure the path and
filename are correct and that all required libraries are
available." It worked before i did a clean install now it
doesn't and it woks fine on a different pc that has XP on
it. So how do I fix this?

Jimmy S.

Hi Linda,

Uninstall the game (and the Plus! pack if applicable).

Go to the WindowsUpdate site for everything under Critical
and Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Reinstall the Hyperbowl game from the Microsoft CD, without
running any virus scanners or other intrusive 3rd party system
utilities. Hopefully, the game should now work without errors. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| When ever I try to run a game like ,Hyperbowl, which is
| for XP, I get a "Can't run a 16-bit Windows program. It
| also says cannot find file C:\Hyper
| Entertainment\hyperbowl arcade edition\hyperbowl.exe(or
| one of its components).Check to ensure the path and
| filename are correct and that all required libraries are
| available." It worked before i did a clean install now it
| doesn't and it woks fine on a different pc that has XP on
| it. So how do I fix this?

Linda Miller

That did not work. I even tried msconfig to turn alot of
the stuff of but then it said I was running in safe mode
and that the windows installer wasn't working
right.something like that. Any other ideas?
Uninstall the game (and the Plus! pack if applicable).

Go to the WindowsUpdate site for everything under Critical
and Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Reinstall the Hyperbowl game from the Microsoft CD, without
running any virus scanners or other intrusive 3rd party system
utilities. Hopefully, the game should now work without errors. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=FH;[LN];gms
Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite:
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=sz;en-us;top

"Linda Miller" <[email protected]>
wrote in message [email protected]...

Jimmy S.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for replying to my post.
I appreciate you taking the time to try the advice.

I'm closing this thread and will reply to the new thread you
started about this issue after you posted below. Thanks! :)